Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone joins Cadiz on one season loan

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
A very strange move if that journalist is to be believed.

The 3rd tier of Spanish football is newly-formed / re-structured this year but would think Andone was comfortably above that level - even with rarely any first team football in the best part of 15/18 months.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A very strange move if that journalist is to be believed.

The 3rd tier of Spanish football is newly-formed / re-structured this year but would think Andone was comfortably above that level - even with rarely any first team football in the best part of 15/18 months.

Could be that the country is correct but the club is wrong?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Based on what? 4 goals in 26 Appearances v 5 goals in 41 appearances for Connolly who is 7 years younger? Not sure either of them is 'good' enough. Connolly may become so but there is nothing to suggest that Andone is any better than what we have? People remember his goal V Palace and rightly so but there's very little else to suggest he's a PL quality striker. He's also had 2 serious knee injuries since then could easily have lost a yard of pace.

I don't think either is the 21/22 answer but Andone is a long shot at best...

Well said - really don’t understand why anyone seriously thinks that Andone is the answer - sorry don’t get it

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What chance the chinese whispers heard 'Deportivo' and just assumed his old club DLC, rather than the top flight Deportivo ALAVES?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
What chance the chinese whispers heard 'Deportivo' and just assumed his old club DLC, rather than the top flight Deportivo ALAVES?

Or maybe it's just his work permit has run out and he's being deported?

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Playa de Rizor hence the stadium being the Rizor. It used to have a four lane running track around it.
The last game I saw there was Depor against Marseille in the Europa cup. Wonderful city…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ive been to the Riazor a few times as my Wifes family is from Coruna, last time I was in with their Ultras who were a pretty mad bunch!

It's so sad to see the decline of a once great club, their local derby is now with Celta Vigo B not the Celta Vigo first team! Hopefully they can find a way to get back out of this slump that they are in.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Ive been to the Riazor a few times as my Wifes family is from Coruna, last time I was in with their Ultras who were a pretty mad bunch!

It's so sad to see the decline of a once great club, their local derby is now with Celta Vigo B not the Celta Vigo first team! Hopefully they can find a way to get back out of this slump that they are in.

It is very sad but a similar thing happened in the 50/60’s so I live in hope of a return to La Liga. My uncle was Depor mad and loathed Celta Vigo so I have been brought up with a pathological hatred of Celta … which is nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Based on what? 4 goals in 26 Appearances v 5 goals in 41 appearances for Connolly who is 7 years younger? Not sure either of them is 'good' enough. Connolly may become so but there is nothing to suggest that Andone is any better than what we have? People remember his goal V Palace and rightly so but there's very little else to suggest he's a PL quality striker. He's also had 2 serious knee injuries since then could easily have lost a yard of pace.

I don't think either is the 21/22 answer but Andone is a long shot at best...

This has been done to death but here goes (again)

Andone was predominantly used as a substitute in an ultra defensive team.
Connolly has been given many more minutes than Andone, in an expansive team.

Connolly 5 goals in 2055 minutes from 84 shots - 41 appearances
Andone 4 goals in 945 minutes from 29 shots - 26 appearances

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
This has been done to death but here goes (again)

Andone was predominantly used as a substitute in an ultra defensive team.
Connolly has been given many more minutes than Andone, in an expansive team.

Connolly 5 goals in 2055 minutes from 84 shots - 41 appearances
Andone 4 goals in 945 minutes from 29 shots - 26 appearances

And Andone has since suffered a nasty knee injury that has likely had an impact on his effectiveness.
The only people to see how well he's moving and what damage his knee suffered is the club.

This needs to be taken into account by those fans suggesting whether we should have faith to rely on him to be a productive Premier League striker.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
And Andone has since suffered a nasty knee injury that has likely had an impact on his effectiveness.
The only people to see how well he's moving and what damage his knee suffered is the club.

This needs to be taken into account by those fans suggesting whether we should have faith to rely on him to be a productive Premier League striker.

I totally agree with this.

However comparing stats is completely the wrong argument.

Pre-injury, Andone was a Premier league level striker.
Hopefully Connolly will get to a similar level.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
With Tau basically out the door, surely even we're not stupid enough to also let Andone go without a replacement coming in. An inconsistent Maupay, a currently injured Welbeck, and 2 young players in Connolly and Zeqiri doesnt exactly scream loads of Premier League goals.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
With Tau basically out the door, surely even we're not stupid enough to also let Andone go without a replacement coming in. An inconsistent Maupay, a currently injured Welbeck, and 2 young players in Connolly and Zeqiri doesnt exactly scream loads of Premier League goals.

I have to say I (unsurprisingly) agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here