Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Florida 14 day holiday questions

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
1/ can you use Visa Debit cards?
2/Anyone hire a 12 seater in Florida how much?
3/ Theme park tickets, best place to buy them
4/ things to watch out for regarding being ripped off over there

1 - consider getting a currency card from Caxton FX or Fair FX. Load it up as if you were buying travellers cheques and use it like a debit card either for payments or as a cash card
2 - look at carhire3000 for a deal. Remember though, a 12 seater van won't have space for 12 people's luggage. I've seen so many arguments at Orlando with people who don't realise this and are then in no position to bargain with the hire company over the upgrade. Either get a bigger vehicle or, if you are not travelling around, it might be cheaper to get your 12 seater but send some people to/from the airport in a cab/shuttle to make luggage space.
3 - attractionticketsdirect.co.uk have been around for years and are usually good value.
4 - watch out where you buy your fuel as the price can vary tremendously. For example, if you use the gas stations on I535 just outside Walt Disney World they are ridiculously expensive (even up to $2 more per gallon). However, the Hess stations inside Disney are usually very competitively priced.

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
1/ can you use Visa Debit cards?
2/Anyone hire a 12 seater in Florida how much?
3/ Theme park tickets, best place to buy them
4/ things to watch out for regarding being ripped off over there

I go to the US twice each year

1 Visa debit cards are fine but exchange rate not the best AND your bank may charge a further fee as well SO CHECK first. (prepaid are the best and safest fairfx or similar)
2 cheapest way to hire 12 seater (or larger) is through agencies here the best I have used are Carhire3000 or netflights...Do not get conned into an upgrade when you collect your car.
3 After the first time I went (and bought them here!) always by them state side at your accomodation or ticket booths
4 don't try funnel cakes or you'll spend all your cash on those.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here