Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Floodlights

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i thought it was a cunning plan so all of the people could be served at halftime ....should have one every week..it was great to c nearly everyone in there seats for start of 2nd half and cheer the lads on

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Just another cunning ploy by Azure to sell more beer and pies. Probably took another £10,000 during that 20 minutes

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just another cunning ploy by Azure to sell more beer and pies. Probably took another £10,000 during that 20 minutes

The Azure employee who had the fuse hidden in his pocket was seen to make a quick getaway before the end of the game.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I blame the miners.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I was surprised at the lack of announcements on the failure of the floodlights yesterday. It took 15 minutes for something to be said, which started out with "Ummm, ..." There appears to be nothing on the website either. Perhaps some sort of explanation might be good from their point of view, if only to keep their customers informed of what went on and that it won't happen again. The Sunday papers seems to be making a lot of it.

I saw the floodlights go out so I knew the second half would be delayed I personally don't need to be told the obvious until they had an idea of how long they were going to be off for.

I hope it happens every game so we can start the second half with an atmosphere rather than a half empty mortuary, it even gave the 1901ers time to get back to their seats.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Yet another cringeworthy Samrah moment. Let's have a professional on the PA please.

What a ludicrous comment. Whilst an announcement took a little while to come - possibly because of the operations people needing time to get their act together - when it did it was warm, sensible and to the point. I took the reference to it being a fantastic stadium as being (a) true (B) positive and (c) an invitation to supporters to keep enjoying the facilities. We could have had one of those stuffy "My Lords Ladies and Gentlemen" announcements of the kind just loved by the world's policemen but instead we had a few friendly words by one of us.

If TCB wants 'this sort of stuff he should spend his afternoons listening to the tannoy at Victoria Station.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
What a ludicrous comment. Whilst an announcement took a little while to come - possibly because of the operations people needing time to get their act together - when it did it was warm, sensible and to the point. I took the reference to it being a fantastic stadium as being (a) true (B) positive and (c) an invitation to supporters to keep enjoying the facilities. We could have had one of those stuffy "My Lords Ladies and Gentlemen" announcements of the kind just loved by the world's policemen but instead we had a few friendly words by one of us.

If TCB wants 'this sort of stuff he should spend his afternoons listening to the tannoy at Victoria Station.

...and by 'this sort of stuff' I meant the corporate waffle presumably favoured by TCB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here