Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flight Of The Conchords

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Is this the best 'new' comedy on the box or what? Kinda like The Mighty Boosh crossed with Peep Show..... kind of....

:thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I saw it on a flight a while ago and thought it was one of the most original things I'd seen in a while.

Only seen one episode, the one where one goes on a date and the other tags along.

Very funny.

I'd go with the peep show analogy but not the other one. Can't stand the Mighty Boosh.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
'new' i hope as in new you mean style wise, its been around for a good year or so.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'new' i hope as in new you mean style wise, its been around for a good year or so.

Yeah, I stumbled across it, when it was 1st shown.
Spent the next 2 months convincing a colleague to watch it, but he missed every week.

Now, with it being re-run, he still missed the first 2, but he has finally seen one, is completly hooked realising it is the funniest prog on TV.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Sheer and utter genius. Bought the CD album and the BBC radio series on the back of it. So many great songs.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I saw it on a flight a while ago and thought it was one of the most original things I'd seen in a while.

Very funny.

I'd go with the peep show analogy but not the other one. Can't stand the Mighty Boosh.

FotC is quality. I'm afraid you have to accept it is quite a lot like the Mighty Boosh, slightly psychadelic, plenty of music and silly in points.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Rhys Darby = Murray, band manager and funniest character in the Conchords.

He's their Bob Fossil...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Best episode is on BBC4 tomorrow night @ 9:30.

Albie the racist Dragon. Hilarious

I'm having trouble remembering that one, please explain further.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
It's the one where the stall holder refuses to sell fruit to Bret & Jermaine as he thinks they come from Australia (whereas they're actually Kiwi's).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah yes it's beginning to come back to me now.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I love Flight of the Conchords.

It's a really warm and lovable comedy show. Not always laugh out loud funny, but definitely solid and enjoyable.

When they drop into Rhymenocerous vs Hiphopapotamus is a masterstroke moment, and the bit about sneakers and sweatshops in Think About It is proper genius.

Roll on series 2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here