Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flasks of drink at football.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Was out shpping yesterday and saw some retro flasks for sale in a well known shop. It made me think of the old Goldstone days when many fans would bring along a flask of hot drink to keep warm with during the colder months of supporting. Anyone still do this or are we all now spoilt by whats on offer on the concourse?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I found myself unexpectedly in possession of a bottle of red wine in my seat on Saturday. Does that count?

(Perhaps I should have drunk it, might have made the game less stressful)

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Was out shpping yesterday and saw some retro flasks for sale in a well known shop. It made me think of the old Goldstone days when many fans would bring along a flask of hot drink to keep warm with during the colder months of supporting. Anyone still do this or are we all now spoilt by whats on offer on the concourse?

i would guess if they were spotted, you wouldnt be allowed in with a flask.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Well somebody managed to smuggle the aforementioned bottle of vino in three days ago, so they're obviously not that bothered :D

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Guess the old hip flask would not make it in then?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I regularly take in a flask of coffee for half time. This sits in my rucksack and the stewards have never questioned it. I also occasionally take a hip flask for medicinal purposes when the weather turns cold. This sits more discreetly in an inside jacket pocket.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

No problem at all with my hot drink flask in Lower West. I always show it to the steward before he/she asks me to open the carrier bag and if it's cold they ask for a sip. Contents go down a treat with the pies before kick off and we save a bit for halftime. I'd say this is just another example of quiet, common sense stewarding.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Seems that most non alcoholic drinks make it in then. Been to away grounds and been asked to take the top off a bottle of water before being let in- crazy!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
My dad takes a flask in, and so does one of the blokes I sit with. It's now a half time ritual that we all get a cup of black coffee, which is a bloody treat when it's sooo cold. Both have had ruck-sacks searched numerous times without problem!

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
41gftyIj-bL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
I take a flask of coffee in the WSL, now the cold has set in, much better than the watered down gnats pee they call hot chocolate at the Amex.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh oh, 2 weeks ago the fella next to me came back after half time with Bovril.

I hadn't realised I had been pining it until 3:40 this week.

Realising it would probably be best to get jnr out of his seat @ the whistle, we headed off.

I got 3 hot chocolates, and a superb retrotastic Bovril, my first one for 20 years.
If only we sold crumpets too.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
bloke next to me brings a flask of coffee (with a wee dram in it ) to every game. Always gets searched as he brings it in a rucksack but not once has it been an issue for the stewards.....

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
and if it's cold they ask for a sip.

Only if its cold? Doorman training 101 on venues that allow you to bring in bottles of water etc is to ask for a sip to ensure it isn't obviously alcoholic. Not gonna catch something mild but if someones filled a 7 Up bottle with vodka....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here