Flares in the stands

Bring Flares Back?

• Bring them back

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Keep them banned

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters

Dec 29, 2011
After reading a BBS post about Charlton setting off flares it go me thinking, when and why were flares banned from the English game? They add so much atmosphere to the ground. The smoke bomb at the Portsmouth game last year really set the place off. I think there is a place for them in the English game and I'd like to see the rules slackened. What do people think?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
After reading a BBS post about Charlton setting off flares it go me thinking, when and why were flares banned from the English game? They add so much atmosphere to the ground. The smoke bomb at the Portsmouth game last year really set the place off. I think there is a place for them in the English game and I'd like to see the rules slackened. What do people think?
I'm with you the flares add some flair

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
To stop people tripping up?

:lolol:

The answer to the question is that some people cannot be trusted, therefore nobody can be trusted.

That's how we roll around here.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
In Liverpool's recent away games, after they've scored their first, a red flare was let off at both Old Trafford and yesterday at the City of Manchester

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I also expect at least one person to take one to London Road

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Given that 4 people (1 Exeter, 1 Oxford, 2 Chelsea) got sent down for 2 months and were given 6 year banning orders over the last couple of weeks for taking smoke bombs to their respective games I'd be very surprised if we ever saw them again.

Not that I'm that bothered never really seen the appeal myself.

Jacob

Jan 2, 2013
I don't think flairs are necessary. Fun and great when in the right hands but stupid and dangerous when not. Unfortunately, there are too many fans who I wouldn't trust.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Anyone who wonders why they are banned obviously falls into the category of those that can't be trusted. Similar question, why are children at nursery not allowed to play with matches!!!!!

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Anyone who wonders why they are banned obviously falls into the category of those that can't be trusted. Similar question, why are children at nursery not allowed to play with matches!!!!!

:facepalm: sarcasm I hope.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hundreds of flares in confined spaces abroad and no issues. 1 flare here and H&S go mad.
Not fussed if they stay banned but they are good for atmosphere , anyone remember Peterborough probably 10 years ago ?
Yes dangerous in the wrong hands but so is a cup of scalding hot tea or a bunch of keys
Wont happen ever

The flares at Peterborough looked cool, probably contravened about a million pages of the H&S rules though.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
If they were suddenly made legal again, dozens if not hundreds would be taken into every away end every week. They're potentially a fire hazard (especially in places like Selhurst Park :lolol:) and the smoke may obscure the pitch. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here