Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flag at Villa?

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Just thinking about the good old days of the giant flag at Withdean. Does it still exist? Did Uncle Spielberg buy a new REMF one? Just thought it would add to the days festivities at Villa if 'we' still had one. Anyone shed any light on this?

Ta.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
At the very least we should all take our Uruguay flags, Buzzer has got a BIG one.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

more to the point, how can you lose the biggest flag EVER
By not having six volunteers to carry it back to its shed at the end of a game. It just got dumped in the open air, next to the old Team Changing Rooms, where it lay until it was thrown away by the builders who came in to build the new Hospitality Suite.

And that was at Withdean. I remember the trouble there was getting TWO volunteers to transport it out of the Millennium Stadium at the end of the play-off final.

Wheres the pole?

By not having six volunteers to carry it back to its shed at the end of a game. It just got dumped in the open air, next to the old Team Changing Rooms, where it lay until it was thrown away by the builders who came in to build the new Hospitality Suite.

And that was at Withdean. I remember the trouble there was getting TWO volunteers to transport it out of the Millennium Stadium at the end of the play-off final.

DID ANYONE THINK THINGS THROUGH BEFORE THE FLAG WAS MADE?:shrug:

Incidentally ... the flag wasn't anything to do with REMF.

When it was first designed, paid for and made, it was an NSC project, led by Downloaded Penguin.

The flag was made before 9/11 and a decision was taken shortly after that event to dedicate it to Rob Eaton.

ANY NEWS ON SUPPORTERS BAR AT FALMER? DONT MOAN WHEN ITS TO LATE.:angel:
Attila assured us three weeks ago that this is still on track.

Supporters' bar always part of the plans. Still is. Plans at the architects at the moment. Real ale on the agenda. Locally brewed at that, hopefully. Up to we who drink it to make sure that it is profitable to the club - what an onerous task! If by any chance it isn't, it wouldn't be sold any more. Simple. More when things progress. Difficult time for me at the mo but finger has been on the pulse all the way through on this one.

This stadium is unsinkable

Attila assured us three weeks ago that this is still on track.

ALL RESPECT TO JB BUT I THINK THE CLUB SHOULD BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE DIRECTLY TO THE FANS,I HAVE A BAD FEELING ABOUT THE INTERNAL STATE OF THE CLUB,GREAT STADIUM AN ALL BUT THE CLUB NEEDS A PASSIONATE HEART WHICH SEEMS TO BE MISSING! WELL DONE BLOOMEY BUT WE NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN RESPOND TO ALL THE LITTLE MOANS A NAGS,NO ONE WANTS TO TAKE THIS RESPONSIBILITY.:shootself

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
WE NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN RESPOND TO ALL THE LITTLE MOANS A NAGS

Do we? Or as supporters should we understand that our new (paid for) stadium is in the process of being built (which is quite a task I would imagine), we have a new manager in trying to get us up the table and away from releation danger and they don't owe us an explanation for everything.

Little moans and nags. Really?

Plus they do already have an ask the club section on this website, can you not find it?

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I DID SAY AT THE TIME IT WAS A BIT SILLY,WHO LISTEN TO THE REV,I'LL TELL YOU WHO F***ING NOBODY! ANY NEWS ON SUPPORTERS BAR AT FALMER? DONT MOAN WHEN ITS TO LATE.:angel:

If you didn't shout at us so loudly people might listen to you!

Those who speak loudest usually have the least to say!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
ALL RESPECT TO JB BUT I THINK THE CLUB SHOULD BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE DIRECTLY TO THE FANS,I HAVE A BAD FEELING ABOUT THE INTERNAL STATE OF THE CLUB,GREAT STADIUM AN ALL BUT THE CLUB NEEDS A PASSIONATE HEART WHICH SEEMS TO BE MISSING! WELL DONE BLOOMEY BUT WE NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN RESPOND TO ALL THE LITTLE MOANS A NAGS,NO ONE WANTS TO TAKE THIS RESPONSIBILITY.:shootself

I thought that was the purpose of the 'Ask The Club' section of North Stand Chat. Insider does a terrific job in placating the moaners and whingers, as well as channelling information back to those within the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here