Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FL Tonight (C5) - New Format

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
It was always slightly unnerving seeing that crowd of zombies in assorted football shirts, whose only role appeared to be standing on two legs and making grunting noises.

The ones behind the presenters backs, peering in as if through the windows of a garden shed brought to mind a scene from Night of the Living Dead. Weird, just weird.

Perhaps we should be thankful they were not granted the power of speech so as to entertain us all with some toe-curling banter.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
MUCH better. A journalist leading the thing. And no effing zoo format. I want my footy to be mostly highlights and people sitting in chairs talking briefly about it.

Apparently N'Hants have a striker called Jonjo O'Tool :lolol:

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
100% better than the previous format. At least the invited Full Kit W*****s have left the stage to give the show a bit more gravitas. Get rid of Clinton Morrison :yawn: and keep Michael Gray.

D

Deleted member 22389

Is it time for the now-traditional Derby slump ?

I hope so.
I really hope we have turned the corner and I really hope we can get promoted. It's about time other clubs like ourself got to the promised land.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I gave up after the third week - it was so bad I vowed never to watch it on Ch5 again. I just watch our highlights on Seagulls player now - much better.

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
Agree that was much improved. First time I have managed a whole show. The balanced the highlights better as well I think, not just re-running the two games they had live coverage of. Morrison . . . Well makes you appreciate Virgo! Gray is good though.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
A simpler format made for a better programme. Just need to improve the quality of their 'experts'. Morrison added little of value.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Audience, yes, presenters, not quite but Virgs has gone [emoji3]
Virgo is freelance and only appears on selected weeks. He'll be back on soon when he hasn't got a BT game to commentate on in the lower leagues

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought the format was better but both pundits were poor. Dont think the presenters are all that either and still not as good as when it was on bbc withManish and then Steve Claridge and Leroy Rosenior giving their opinions. The essence of football discussion are the incidents, wrong decisions bad misses good saves and of course the goals and I do not feel that they concentrate on that enough, just about showing the goals.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
To be fair, if the show had started in this format, on that sofa without the pointless 'fans' milling around for no real reason it would have had nowhere near the criticism it has endured so far. At least C5 have taken the comments on board and made the changes.

Yes I whole heartedly agree. So glad the psuedo fans have now disappeared, and more credence seems to be being given to what the show should be all about, the actual match highlights.

Still not nearly as professional and slick as the Beeb's version, but certainly a big step forward.

The only thing left is to invite some studio guests who actually have something worthwhile to say. Clinton Morrison was an embarassment.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Looks like a different format from this week - one hour from 9-10 for the Championship, then Leagues 1 and 2 stuffed into 30 mins between 10 and 10:30.

Should mean an increase in our screentime. :thumbsup:

With all the live games coming up and screwing us fans royally that can't do week night games, I think that show is an irrelevance.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If Derby go on a run half as bad as ours Clement will be sacked. Hull have got them shitting themselves now
Our bad run was 7 games without a win; their current run is 4 games. It already is half as bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here