Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fixtures ~ BHA to Sue WHU

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Saw this on BBC Football Gossip, anyone know anything about this?

Apologies if it's fixtures

Brighton and Bury could sue West Ham if the FA fails to expel the Premiership club for fielding an ineligible player, Carlos Tevez, in the FA Cup. (Express)

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
He (and Mascherano before he moved) is technically ineligable to play in England because he is owned by a third party rather than the club.

I read the other day there's a chance West Ham will get a points deduction for playing them.

Last edited:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Arthur said:
What's it got to do with Bury??

Bury fielded one and lost there place in the cup so they want the same punishment to westham

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
but they are already out of the cup

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I was going to post this at the weekend when I saw Tevez was ineligible.

My take on it was, would Brighton be reinstated in the cup.:lolol:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
clapham_gull said:
I was going to post this at the weekend when I saw Tevez was ineligible.

My take on it was, would Brighton be reinstated in the cup.:lolol:

Dont think they would be but westham monies would be perhaps awarded to us .. otherwise watford have a case to answer

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was told this last Saturday and apparently the FA are looking into it and have said that because the cup rounds have progressed they could not re-instate any club so they would possibly offer BHA financial compensation.

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
BensGrandad said:
I was told this last Saturday and apparently the FA are looking into it and have said that because the cup rounds have progressed they could not re-instate any club so they would possibly offer BHA financial compensation.

In a way it is a real shame, beacause the income we would have recived would have been more useful in January whilst the transfer window was still open. May have helped increase the offer for Byfield?

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
BensGrandad said:
Perhaps the club were aware of this and that WAS or IS the money that they were going to use.

That's assumming that FA will do the right thing ... which on past performance is one bloody big leap of faith, certainly not one that any clab would risk.
Let's face it we'll most probably have to pay WHU compensation as we should've been aware of his ineligability and informed them prior to kick off, I mean what were we thinking :p

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
We should keep this under wraps until mid April....and then demand our re-instatement

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I suppose the most logical outcome would be for us to be awarded whatever winnings WHU received for beating us, it is too late for us to be re-instated, if of course they are found guilty by the FA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here