Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Five Subs - Official

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Have you assembled your people to speak to Jarosik's people yet please, Sam? Bit slack imo.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Would possibly make a few managers think about having no keeper on the bench ?

come august bthe 6th as it stands i guess it will look a little like this

Anchorman
Calderon
Greer
Cook
Painter
Dicker
Bridcutt
Buckley
Noone
Hoskins
Cms

subs

Vincelot
Lualua
Sparrow
Barnes
Navvaro

those likely to just miss the cut early on

Tarrico
Bergkamp
Toby
Caskey -Forster
Brezovan
Poke
Rogers

injuries

El abd
Elphick

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A shrewd move by Gus by signing Vincelot who in the old days would have been described as a "utility player".

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You can only make three substitutions, so why do you need more than three people on the bench/in the bucket seats?

:thumbsup

tactics , the opposition can sometimes misread a substitution and get caught out by it.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
tactics , the opposition can sometimes misread a substitution and get caught out by it.

You get all sorts of surprises with limited numbers of subs - who would have thought Gerry Ryan would be such a good fullback.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
5 is plenty, and any sane manager would still have a keeper on there.

Keeper
Defender
Defensive mid
Attacking mid
Striker

Job done.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Back in the dim and distant past only 1 named substitute was allowed. I remember numerous games at The Goldstone when the Albion starting 11 also finished the game and the sub never got on.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Back in the dim and distant past only 1 named substitute was allowed. I remember numerous games at The Goldstone when the Albion starting 11 also finished the game and the sub never got on.

That's nothing. I remember plenty of games at Withdean under Adams II, when the starting 11 finished the game, despite us being 2-0 down, and 5,000 people screaming for him to do something.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That's nothing. I remember plenty of games at Withdean under Adams II, when the starting 11 finished the game, despite us being 2-0 down, and 5,000 people screaming for him to do something.
Harsh. He did do something.

He took them on a ten mile run and ran them into the ground on their day off. :jester:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
5 is plenty, and any sane manager would still have a keeper on there.

Keeper
Defender
Defensive mid
Attacking mid
Striker

Job done.

Gus could also go for

Goalie
Attacking mid/left winger
Attacking mid/right winger
Striker
Striker

:lol:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I suspect he will. We've got some fairly versatile players IMO.

Gus was already planning for this with the Vincelot signing. He knew or at least had an idea.

True. My thoughts were just that we are one of the more well off clubs in the Division now and as a result probably (I'm guessing here) are going to have a larger squad of players than most. It will be harder for Gus to keep everyone happy with less players able to sit on the bench. It must be more of a positive for a player to get on the bench and not come on, than not be involved in the match day squad at all

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Harsh. He did do something.

He took them on a ten mile run and ran them into the ground on their day off. :jester:

They did get a hug afterwards though.

Lush

Mods' Pet
A small part of me misses the excitement/comedy of only having one sub (wearing a No. 12 shirt) and seeing how the team coped with the shuffling around when someone got injured. Especially when it was the keeper.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Disagree with the decision - how will people like Caskey and Kasim get games now. 7 on the bench they could be on there and come on if needed or game is won to gain match experience but now it will just be the more experienced ones who get to sit on the bench. Poor decision when clubs are meant to be bringing through the youth

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here