Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fitness First

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dave, yes that is a bit steep but look at the location. Can't see being able to do much in a lunchtime so it would have to be on the way home.

Only worth it if you want to use 2-3 times a week.

Yoda

English & European
I use the Sidney Walter Centre in Worthing, it may be basic but it only £17.50 for a years membership and £2 every time you go. So you don't feel as if you have to go 3 times a week to get your money's worth. :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what always amuses me is that people pay these fees for a gym, then i see them getting out of a cab at the gym opposite my office - wouldnt walking have been a good idea? Also when you see people with gym bags getting on a bus for 2 or 3 stops. :rolleyes:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Don't cost me nowt to jog round Preston Park of a morning.

But if I join Withdean Sprots Centre and get my fitness class timetable aligned with the Albion's home games I could offset the price of a season ticket against the gym subs. (Nice view from the big window above the North West Corner Flag - not at mercy to the elements either)

Get fit whilst watching the Albion - great

:clap2:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I joined Esporta, costs me 47 quid per month corporate rate. Have to admit that I would rather have joined the local council run sports centre but when I went to check it out it resembled a bus station just before a bank holiday. My main reason for joining is to swim a couple of times a week, I would rather do that in a pool that isn't full of screaming children, hence the outlay is worth every penny.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Gully said:
I joined Esporta, costs me 47 quid per month corporate rate. Have to admit that I would rather have joined the local council run sports centre but when I went to check it out it resembled a bus station just before a bank holiday. My main reason for joining is to swim a couple of times a week, I would rather do that in a pool that isn't full of screaming children, hence the outlay is worth every penny.

The (indoor) pool at David Lloyd Bristol is often full of screaming kids including, quite often, my two year old. In the Summer, the outoor pool is too.

I know what you mean though - I went to the slightly more local public swimming pool once and that was it. The changing rooms were like something from the 50s or 60s and didn't appear to have been cleaned since *shudder*

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Location is your big problem. I'm at Fitness First in Eastbourne and it cost me £30 but that's on the basis that i've been there 2 years. I think a new top memebership is £36. Nice gym but rather sloppy service from young kids employed for peanuts when oone of the machines plays up.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
£30 quid a month... for that you get the nice new Carlisle council gym as much as you want, a swimming pool (in a separate building) as much as you want, and free golf on the council's one course and its driving range.

Which is pretty damn good.

Stumpy Tim

$85 a month for Fitness First over here. But I move between various Fitness Firsts around Sydney, and can use them anywhere in the world too.

Except when I went to the one in Brighton & it was Female only. Ridiculous. Why should there be Fitness First (global brand) for one sex.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Stumpy Tim said:
$85 a month for Fitness First over here. But I move between various Fitness Firsts around Sydney, and can use them anywhere in the world too.

Except when I went to the one in Brighton & it was Female only. Ridiculous. Why should there be Fitness First (global brand) for one sex.

Isn't there a men-only one in Kemp Town?

It's called Fitness Fist

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Don't talk to me about Fitness First! I had to deliver a pallet of breakfast cereal to every one of them in North London. There are loads of them, and hardly any are on the ground floor. :nono:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
dougdeep, where is the problem, you got a work out without having to stump up for membership...

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
That's f***ing steep.

All these chain fitness places are a con.

I pay £29 a month, no contract, for unlimited use of my local club's facilities - Gym, squash courts, sauna, sunbeds etc.

It's also worth noting that most of these clubs are like mobile phone companies - tell them you've found a better deal and they'll offer you something better. No club is worth a joining fee however as these are easy to waive

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Running is free, then hoy a few weights around me bedroom!

I was thinking of having a look at the fitness first in North St. though.
Anyone know the cost (if different from the smoke?) & what the facilities are like?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
dave the gaffer said:

What do other fitties pay?

I don't know. I'm not exactly fit at the moment!

Mind you. I'd better get a move on. My new years resolution is to become an ADONIS This year! :smokin:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here