Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fishing

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
do these fish have names :facepalm:

I dont think i have fished a carp water where at least one of the bigger carp has been named, never had a problem when they are given descriptive names like "split tail", "two tone" etc, its when they are given names like "Dave" and "John" it gets silly. :lolol:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I'm a current member of the syndicate at Patching Pond, i've been a member on and off for about 10years, so our paths may of crossed :bigwave: the biggest i had from there was a 25lb mirror carp a few years ago.

My biggest carp is a one that i caught in France, which weighed 46lb, the bigggest fish that i caught is a 98lb sturgeon also caught in France

Wow! That's impressive, I've been a keen fisherman (all disciplines) for 40 years and haven't come close to your pb's. I used to take my fishing gear on the road with me when I was in a band and I've fished for trout in a hole in the ice at the north pole and I've also fished for trout in the river where they filmed Deliverance. The best fishing I have had has been in southern Ireland where they are spoilt for trout and salmon rivers. Currently I'm a member of a syndicate at Borde Hill and very much enjoy fishing the ponds there. A good mix of carp, perch and silver fish make for a nice day pleasure fishing, I've never had the patience for the specimen stuff.

The Bun Elephant

Feb 16, 2010
Sussex By The Sea
I dont think i have fished a carp water where at least one of the bigger carp has been named, never had a problem when they are given descriptive names like "split tail", "two tone" etc, its when they are given names like "Dave" and "John" it gets silly. :lolol:

The Bent Back Common .... Now that's a proper name for a monster fish .... Lol

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
I'm a current member of the syndicate at Patching Pond, i've been a member on and off for about 10years, so our paths may of crossed :bigwave: the biggest i had from there was a 25lb mirror carp a few years ago.

I used to go there very often back then, so may well have seen you there.

Do you know details of what kind of stock is in there now? And what is the price to join the syndicate? Have looked online but it all seems to be a secret.

I was thinking of joining the lake down titnore lane not far from there. But have good memories of patching so would be my preferred choice if it's not too expensive and has a few decent carp in there.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I used to go there very often back then, so may well have seen you there.

Do you know details of what kind of stock is in there now? And what is the price to join the syndicate? Have looked online but it all seems to be a secret.

I was thinking of joining the lake down titnore lane not far from there. But have good memories of patching so would be my preferred choice if it's not to o expensive and has a few decent carp in there.

About four years ago the owner put in a lot of carp at 3-4 lbs,these carp are now going 16-20lb. There are also a few Simmo's over 20lb along with a few of the old stock. Biggest in the lake is approx 27lb. Multiple catches are quite common as it is probably easier than it was when you last fished it.

There is a waiting list and i think the price is £250 for existing members, not sure what it is for new members. If you go to the swim on the roadside during the weekend there will probably be someone there who could take your details.

I have no info on the lake down Titnore Lane, sorry.

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
About four years ago the owner put in a lot of carp at 3-4 lbs,these carp are now going 16-20lb. There are also a few Simmo's over 20lb along with a few of the old stock. Biggest in the lake is approx 27lb. Multiple catches are quite common as it is probably easier than it was when you last fished it.

There is a waiting list and i think the price is £250 for existing members, not sure what it is for new members. If you go to the swim on the roadside during the weekend there will probably be someone there who could take your details.

I have no info on the lake down Titnore Lane, sorry.

I might cycle past this week and have a look. I have seen on some forums that it has changed a lot, and not for the better. Would like to have a wonder round but don't think that is allowed. The price and waiting list do put me off, so titnore is looking the better option for me.

Do you know of an decent day ticket waters that are fairly local? I use to visit alderwood but tend to be more of a specimen hunter these days.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I might cycle past this week and have a look. I have seen on some forums that it has changed a lot, and not for the better. Would like to have a wonder round but don't think that is allowed. The price and waiting list do put me off, so titnore is looking the better option for me.

Do you know of an decent day ticket waters that are fairly local? I use to visit alderwood but tend to be more of a specimen hunter these days.

Patching has changed a lot over the years, and as you say not everything to the good, although the lads that run it are trying hard to turn it around.

As for day ticket waters, I try to steer clear of them myself, but Furnace at Slinfold has some big fish in their lakes, but I don't think it's cheap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here