Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fishing

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
i have caught 2 carp in their 20s....about 10 years ago from patching pond, fairly local to me

I'm a current member of the syndicate at Patching Pond, i've been a member on and off for about 10years, so our paths may of crossed :bigwave: the biggest i had from there was a 25lb mirror carp a few years ago.

My biggest carp is a one that i caught in France, which weighed 46lb, the bigggest fish that i caught is a 98lb sturgeon also caught in France

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Only Sea angling for me, had Bass to over 11lb, Plaice to 4lb 8oz, 13lb 7oz Smoothound, 8lb cod, all from the beach, and Tope over 50lb, 68LB Conger and mid 20's Cod from the boat.
I used to be a match angler and was NFSA Southern Champion in 1988, also won many opens and a fair bit of dosh.
Also done a bit of tournament casting, i can't keep up with the 'big boys' but have managed 213 yds, not bad for someone with 2 prolapsed discs!!!
I witnessed Andy Copping cast 5 times over 300 yds a couple of years back, truly awesome.

Last edited:

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Are you Sea or Course fishing? Not a lot happening off the beaches,a few Dabs and Rockling mostly.Should pick up soon though when the Crabs start to peel and the Bass show up along with a few spring Codling.

Jan 30, 2008
Only Sea angling for me, had Bass to over 11lb, Plaice to 4lb 8oz, 13lb 7oz Smoothound, 8lb cod, all from the beach, and Tope over 50lb, 68LB Conger and mid 20's Cod from the boat.
I used to be a match angler and was NFSA Southern Champion in 1988, also won many opens and a fair bit of dosh.
Also done a bit of tournament casting, i can't keep up with the 'big boys' but have managed 213 yds, not bad for someone with 2 prolapsed discs!!!
I witnessed Andy Copping cast 5 times over 300 yds a couple of years back, truly awesome.
at what venue did you win the NFSA southern championship ?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I'm a current member of the syndicate at Patching Pond, i've been a member on and off for about 10years, so our paths may of crossed :bigwave: the biggest i had from there was a 25lb mirror carp a few years ago.

My biggest carp is a one that i caught in France, which weighed 46lb, the bigggest fish that i caught is a 98lb sturgeon also caught in France

Nice PBs..... Bet your arms ached like mad getting the sturgeon in

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
at what venue did you win the NFSA southern championship ?
Seaford mate, down in tidemills with plenty of reds and whites, had a good bucket of flounders.
Do or did you fish the beaches?

Cragglez

Jan 6, 2012
Peacehaven
Went deep sea fishing in Cuba and caught a Barracuda over 3ft, can't remember the weight.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Im a speci hunter (carp) had 5 different 20's last year biggest was 24llb 12oz also had an 18lb cat.
Main places i fish are Alderwood, Beaver Farm, Orchard place Farm, thorpe lea. Going to try some new venues this year and hopefully a french trip on the horizon. Usually do 48 or 72 hours at a time

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Im a speci hunter (carp) had 5 different 20's last year biggest was 24llb 12oz also had an 18lb cat.
Main places i fish are Alderwood, Beaver Farm, Orchard place Farm, thorpe lea. Going to try some new venues this year and hopefully a french trip on the horizon. Usually do 48 or 72 hours at a time

I may join you

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
used to do alot of beach fishing,best fish a 6lb cod (langney point),on a boat a 10lb bass (not far from newhaven)

best fish i've seen caught off the beach(seaford) was a 17lb cod by a mate,blowing a SW8,bordering on unfishable,i lost 5 or 6 sets of tackle,it was the only fish of the night,couldn't of been more than 30 yards out!

Jan 30, 2008
do these fish have names :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here