Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fishing

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Does anyone on here go fishing?

I have a day off uni tomorrow and am thinking of going if the weather stays dry I might go.

Any other fishers on NSC? What is the biggest fish you have caught?

:moo: :fishing:

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Southern Sid has caught a few whoppers.

looney170

Aug 22, 2011
i do all sorts of fishing!!! caught a couple of nice plaice down the marina the other day. had a 23lb cod of a boat last year aswell

Jan 30, 2008
mate was fishing at swanborough lakes near lewes, struggled all day for a bite but had a couple of bream around the 5lb mark around 4.30 pm

i fished a comp at the weekend and won with 83 lb of carp :D

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
mate was fishing at swanborough lakes near lewes, struggled all day for a bite but had a couple of bream around the 5lb mark around 4.30 pm

i fished a comp at the weekend and won with 83 lb of carp :D

And the biggest carp was?

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
i have caught 2 carp in their 20s....about 10 years ago from patching pond, fairly local to me.

Went fishing for the first time in 10 years 2 weeks ago, caught 2 carp around the 3lb mark.The price of tackle bait and everything else has gone mad since i used to go tho. apprently my gear is dated. looks the same to me as the new stuff though.

Jan 30, 2008
i have caught 2 carp in their 20s....about 10 years ago from patching pond, fairly local to me.

Went fishing for the first time in 10 years 2 weeks ago, caught 2 carp around the 3lb mark.The price of tackle bait and everything else has gone mad since i used to go tho. apprently my gear is dated. looks the same to me as the new stuff though.
get yourself a 14.5 mtr pole ,pick up a decent one for £400, go to your local commercial, it's what every one's doing :down:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I spent years fishing. However we used to use this, which is probably not what you meant.

Amadeus.jpg

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
21lb Pike at Sheffield Park when i was allowed to fish it. 18lb 8oz carp from Wyelands and a 3lb 8oz perch from my club water last summer.

Going to have a go at fly fishing for coarse fish this year, i've got the rod and reel, i tie my own flies and now ive just got to learn how to cast !!!!!

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden

Nothing wrong with dated stuff mate....i still use a 20 year old float rod and a Mitchell match reel (with finger dab bale arm) which is at least 40 years old.

Just like most things in life, it's how you use your tackle that counts !!!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Best I caught was a big fat Bass when I was Spearfishing at Little Fistral in Newquay. Never weighed it as I went to straight to work and cooked it :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here