Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fish foot spa virus bombshell

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Fish spas that nibble your feet.. could lead to hept c and hiv etc... are those fish spars the biggest load bollox since red bull drinks? cause they are.. why are countless people wasting their money on such nonsense. All you have to do is get some soap and nail brush and away you go..cost zilt..:shrug:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I was walking past the tanks in Croydon watching the fish having a feeding frenzy on three rather large black women’s feet and it was possibly the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. Poor little fish having to eat the dead skin off some wrongun’s bunion, I wouldn’t stick my little toe in those horrible tanks.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I don't think its the actual process its the fact that infections come from the unclean water and people who use them with cuts in their feet

Just don't drink the water afterwards!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Not surprising. Fish defecate and they defecate in the water what they have eaten.... so unless there is a very good system of keeping the water clean you're going to have problems and after seeing the tanks down in the holiday resorts over here Im not surprised at all.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
IS this the daily mail, how exactly can Hep C and HIV be transferred in this way. They are both EXTREMELY fragile viruses and both pretty much die when leaving the body. If infected blood enters water the HIV virus will be killed pretty much instantaneously.

In fact, how is the infection meant to get through to your body, unless you have a gaping wound in your foot when the fish chews on it.

What bollocks.

If this was the case, kissing would transfer HIV ie. meaning if you've ever kissed anyone you didn't know the HIV status of you should get checked!! The only way of contracting either Hep C or HIV is through direct blood transfer (ie. blood tranfusion or dirty needle) or unprotected anal or virginal sex (note, unprotected oral sex is not considered a risk activity AT ALL). No wonder there are so many hypercondriacts.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here