Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First League Game at Falmer

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Question for the stattos out there.

If we get somewhere near a full house, say 22,000 (assuming some empty seats in the away end), that will be our biggest home attendance since when?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For a League game, I'd guess it would be the biggest attendence since the 19k that watched us beat Bristol Rovers, May 1988.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Following on from my earlier post, the article says that roughly 80% of club requests are met. This means we have a roughly 80% chance of our first league next season being at home, given that the club have told us they have requested a home fixture.

Pride is 100% confirmed for 13th so we cant be at home that day so unless we are away for the first 2 saturdays of the season which i doubt will happen we will definatly be kicking off 6th at The Amex!!!!!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I am not sure they do really. Last Tuesday, Carlisle v Plymouth and Hartlepool v Orient. A couple of weeks earlier, Charlton v Carlisle on a Tuesday night, even in the conference, Wrexham v Eastbourne on a Tuesday night just recently. I think they might do some minor tweaking (possibly for the prem), but I really don't believe they think much about fans, and teams in lower leagues, who really must suffer from such ridiculous midweek fixtures.

Weren't the games last Tuesday all rearranged fixtures though?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
26000 at the Goldstone against Arsenal in the cup in 1987 ?????

Sorry, I meant League game.

It came up in conversation the other day, whether a group of us who are all late 30s have EVER been in a bigger home League attendance than an opening day sell-out at Falmer would be.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
6th August until Sky or ESPN decide to show the game live and it is moved to either Sunday or Monday.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
6th August until Sky or ESPN decide to show the game live and it is moved to either Sunday or Monday.

The BBC also have rights to FL games.

This season 3 or 4 FL games were live on opening weekend starting with Norwich vs Watford on Friday night and I'm sure SCC vs Plymouth was also live with Saturday 12.30 k.o.

You may be interested to note that the PL start date for next season has yet to be agreed and rumours* are it might be same week as the FL, in which case SKY & ESPN will fill their slots with PL games leaving just the BBC for FL.

Contrary to popular belief, no club can refuse a live game request. The police can object to a proposed k.o. time.

* = info from good friend who works for SKY SPORTS. It's been proposed that PL starts earlier so it can finish earlier in May 2012 to assist with Euro 2012 preps. Not as easy as it sounds with Europa matches, pre season tournaments all but arranged and Community Shield at Wembley scheduled for 7th Aug.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Very unlikely unless we're due to be playing one of the relegated sides from the prem. They tend to get first the TV outings of the season. Don't think ESPN have the league games (unless the rights change this year), the Beeb has the other live league rights at the mo, although the don't show very many, I don't know what they are entittled to.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
BBC normally show 2/3 games on the opening weekend of the Championship don't they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here