Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First home league game - August 6th or 13th?

rauper

Jan 9, 2007
Hove
Does anybody know what the date of the first home league game will likely to be at the Amex?

And if not, what date it will be announced?

I just got invited to a friend's wedding on Saturday August 13th, "kick off" 1:45pm...! :eek:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Not definite until the fixtures are out on June 17th.
6th would seem the most likely (Pride on 13th).

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Didn't they move pride specifically. Not sure if that was at our request, but I would assume, if they were asked to move it, it would be because someone knew for sure that the first game was the w/e of the 6th. Everyone would look pretty stupid, if, Pride was moved to the 13th and that turned out to be our first home game. Maybe the police agreed with the FA & the Club so both events could get adequate policing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didn't they move pride specifically. Not sure if that was at our request, but I would assume, if they were asked to move it, it would be because someone knew for sure that the first game was the w/e of the 6th. Everyone would look pretty stupid, if, Pride was moved to the 13th and that turned out to be our first home game. Maybe the police agreed with the FA & the Club so both events could get adequate policing.

Yes, they did move Pride specifically for this historic first game. And the club has politely nudged the FL asking them to ensure we are at home on the first day of next season.

Not an issue. Blackpool were allowed to swerve their first couple of home games while they got the final touches to their ground snorted, so the fixtures ARE quite flexible where needed.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I believe the police request has also gone in for the game to be that weekend too. It can't be the following week due to Pride, as has been said, and we're not going to get two away games in a row at the start of the season, so put it in the diaries (as if it wasn't already).

I would be quite surprised if the Albion consented to a Friday night kick off for the first game, no matter how much TV money might be on offer. I'd have thought that, logistically, while everyone is still finding their way around and working out their routine, they would want it on the Saturday, or at the very worst the Sunday, not a Friday night with people rushing around after work (and the rush hour on the roads/trains).

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I would be quite surprised if the Albion consented to a Friday night kick off for the first game, no matter how much TV money might be on offer. I'd have thought that, logistically, while everyone is still finding their way around and working out their routine, they would want it on the Saturday, or at the very worst the Sunday, not a Friday night with people rushing around after work (and the rush hour on the roads/trains).

This.

It's also a day for us, the FANS.
Not everybody elses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here