Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First game at the Amex

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As far as I'm concerned, the opening match at the Amex is the first League game of the 2011/12 season, everything else is just a practice.

The first game at Withdean was the 6-0 mauling of Mansfield. I'm sure there was a friendly against someone beforehand (Forest, was it ?), but the first game proper was Mansfield, and the first game proper at the Amex will be on August 6th. Nothing else counts.

This. But I shall take it as a good opportunuity to have a good old NOSE around the stadium.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
you have to bear in mind this is only a 'bog flushing' excercise. I wouldn't get too precious about it being the first match, i mean, you can bet your bollocks the first match to take place on the pitch will be 'Romanian Ground Workers Vs Polish Electricians'

Post of the day!

Will there be half and half scarves? Will it be FREE to 1901ers? Will OGH line up as a ringer? So MANY questions!

Saintsfc

Feb 5, 2011
Small stadium for a small team

I'VE GOT A SHED (I'VE GOT A SHED)
AS BIG AS THIS (AS BIG AS THIS)
I'VE GOT A SHED AS BIG AS THIS
IT'S GOT A DOOR AND A WINDOW
:wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Trouble is mr stains fan is that your ground already looks outdated being the flatpack variety of stadiums that were built around that time - Cov, Leics etc.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'VE GOT A SHED (I'VE GOT A SHED)
AS BIG AS THIS (AS BIG AS THIS)
IT'S GOT A DOOR AND A WINDOW
:wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave:

Blue-Roof-Nov-2010-300x200.jpg
0,,10280~5860065,00.jpg

You're not SERIOUSLY going to enter into a debate about this....are you ?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Im caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. I really want to wait untill the 6th of August before I take my seat in the Amex, im counting the days down already and want that day to be the special one(as it will be). But if the club arrange a freindly against say Man Utd, Chelsea or the like as stadium opener proper the temptation to go will be massive!!

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Staying away until 6th August, want that day to be a special memory in years to come.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
At least the first game will be a good old all Sussex affair, where we can bask in the magnificence of the architecture without the pressure of worrying about who will win.

I'll be there!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
ceefax subtitles give it one of these (!). I'd like to say I was at the first England match at Wembley (v Brazil) but if anyone wants to argue different, my life will still continue as normal

I was too, Far as I'm concerned that was the first game there.

I wonder if they need to get 10,000 in there for the event to be passed and progrss to the 2nd one?

They have no chance of getting 10,000 here. Im guessing there will be less than 1000 people interested in the sussex game. Also think STH's should be offered for free - at least the current priority ones.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I wonder if they need to get 10,000 in there for the event to be passed and progrss to the 2nd one?

They have no chance of getting 10,000 here. Im guessing there will be less than 1000 people interested in the sussex game. Also think STH's should be offered for free - at least the current priority ones.

I assume you joking right? So you honestly really think that only 395 extra fans(on top of last years 605) will go to see the new stadium?

Mental.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I assume you joking right? So you honestly really think that only 395 extra fans(on top of last years 605) will go to see the new stadium?

Mental.

Definately this. Some people eh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here