Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First game at the Amex

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Does it not bother you that this will not be a Brighton first team game ?

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Nope not at all. If anything its better if the full 1st capacity is saved for a Brighton game. This is an ideal ramp up event.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I don't see 10,000 people wanting to go to watch a Sussex cup final to be honest, only 7000 go to watch us play at the Withdean.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Got to be done to get the safety certificates. Can you imagine the moaning if it was Albion v x Premiership side and only 10 k could go

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I don't see 10,000 people wanting to go to watch a Sussex cup final to be honest, only 7000 go to watch us play at the Withdean.

It's not at Withdean though. It's the first game at Falmer... :whistle:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
That's the whole point of a ramp up event, in that it builds up to the real thing.

I think there will be plenty of people that want to go to the new stadium at the first possible opportunity, and also people that can't make the first league game so I think they will get near enough 10k there

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Nope not at all. If anything its better if the full 1st capacity is saved for a Brighton game. This is an ideal ramp up event.
This;
Got to be done to get the safety certificates. Can you imagine the moaning if it was Albion v x Premiership side and only 10 k could go
and this.

An entirely sensible decision by all involved.

you have to bear in mind this is only a 'bog flushing' excercise. I wouldn't get too precious about it being the first match, i mean, you can bet your bollocks the first match to take place on the pitch will be 'Romanian Ground Workers Vs Polish Electricians'

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I'm saying I'd rather my first game at the Amex be a Brighton game then a reserve/u18's cup final.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Really, It's not like the thread title says first game at the Amex or anything . . .

I think the point he was making is that it will be at the Amex, the stadium that is about 15 years in the making, and that there will be a lot of interest in it

I'm saying I'd rather my first game at the Amex be a Brighton game then a reserve/u18's cup final.

Don't go to any of the warm up events then!

iAt my presentation, last month admittedly, it was not going to be the Sussex Senior Cup Final according to the Sussex FA (the club offered to host it as a ramp up event but the Sussex Fa refused) they didn't think they will make enough money from it so they were going to hold it at somewehere more appropriate - Woodside Road????

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
If there are any injuries or accidents on the first game, better its not not an Albion fan who gets hurt. Whats an Eastbourne borough fan here or there.!!

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I think the point he was making is that it will be at the Amex, the stadium that is about 15 years in the making, and that there will be a lot of interest in it

This.

You seem to be saying that less than 10,000 people will want to go to the first ever game at Falmer. I'd go even if it was San Marino v Worthing.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This.

You seem to be saying that less than 10,000 people will want to go to the first ever game at Falmer. I'd go even if it was San Marino v Worthing.

That. I'd be very surprised if they didn't sell out the 10 000 tickets to Albion fans with minimal interest in the cup final but have been waiting 14 years for a proper look at their new home in action.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Wembley's reputation will forever be tarnished by the fact that England under-21's played there first, rather than the full team

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Wembley's reputation will forever be tarnished by the fact that England under-21's played there first, rather than the full team

Melodramatic statement of the day award!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Cobblers.

As far as I'm concerned, the opening match at the Amex is the first League game of the 2011/12 season, everything else is just a practice.

The first game at Withdean was the 6-0 mauling of Mansfield. I'm sure there was a friendly against someone beforehand (Forest, was it ?), but the first game proper was Mansfield, and the first game proper at the Amex will be on August 6th. Nothing else counts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here