Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First death at the Winter Olympics

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just seen the video, truly horrific. There were a whole series of metal poles/girders immediately following the fastest/most dangerous corner on the course. A bit like Togo in the ACN, this is probably going to tarnish the whole event. Terrible tragedy, RIP.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Who said he is a medic? He is only giving breaths to the guy which ANYONE could do, the important bit, the compressions, are being done by presumably a medic.

He's using a face mask with proper technique, normal folk just do mouth to mouth. But that's not relevant - neither is his hair really!!!!!!

It's a v sad situation - unfortunately with luge throwing your body down an ice slide isn't ever going to be safe, but the worry is that this death however "freak incident" like, could have been avoided.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I cant quite believe that there are all of the girders there for crashers to go into frankly

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What was a metal pole doing behind a lethal bend? Heads will roll for this.Canada already under extreme pressure for giving too much advantage to its home athletes and there not being any snow.

There isn't just one pole, there's a whole row of them, and they're much bigger than what you might think a pole is, more like columns to hold the roof up.

Just seen it on liveleak, horrendous accident.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I haven't seen the video, mainly because I don't want to watch someone die, but why on earth is there metal poles/girders at the fastest bend on the track? very poor thinking that possibly cost a man his life.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Jesus christ - I thought that completelystupid and dangerous design was a thing of the past but those girders are just ridiculous. Very very sad, and so utterly avoidable.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'll not be watching any footage of the accident but I've read quite a few articles where people have been saying its the fastest and most dangerous track in the world for luge, so it sounds like this was an accident waiting to happen ...

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'll not be watching and footage of the accident but I've read quite a few articles where people have been saying its the fastest and most dangerous track in the world for luge, so it sounds like this was an accident waiting to happen ...

Fastest and most dangerous yet they put metal poles and girders by around it. :eek:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
What was a metal pole doing behind a lethal bend? Heads will roll for this.Canada already under extreme pressure for giving too much advantage to its home athletes and there not being any snow.

well thats hardly their fault is it :lolol:

besides they have shipped in thousands of tonnes of snow from other areas so I'm sure they're doing their best with that and what the LORD gives them.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Still under pressure though

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
when you're at Gods mercy, there is only so much you can do :thumbsup:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
other than rip, my only comment: people who post links to watching a video of somebodies death = cnuts

You will appeciate that i could have embedded that link if i wanted to, but chose to leave it just as a link for those who wanted to see it. If you don't then thats absolutely fair enough, nobody's forcing you.

I don't watch it because of some sick fascination with wanting to see someone die, its to do with wanting to know how there can possibly be a POLE at the end of the fastest bend on the track.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here