Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] First Class Stamp.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
IMG_2526.jpeg
Having said that, I f***ing hate Royal Mail.

When I order something and RM send me a tracking message, my heart sinks.

Never. Never. Has something come through RM to me without an issue. Ever.

Latest messwage this morning;

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
View attachment 188600Having said that, I f***ing hate Royal Mail.

When I order something and RM send me a tracking message, my heart sinks.

Never. Never. Has something come through RM to me without an issue. Ever.

Latest messwage this morning;
You must be really, really unlucky, never had a problem.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don’t even care. It’s not an urgent parcel. But they update you every two hours. Always with bad news.

And when you try and update the delivery instructions.

I want to update my safe space, something you have to do every individual parcel 😫

“your parcel is due to be delivered on the 6th September.. update delivery instructions”..

I click on to leave me safe space request as “enclosed porch”
Then get this, every time..

“thanks, your parcel will now be delivered on the 7th September as per your request”

No? What! What?

Go back to change instructions

Try to change date back to 6th

“Sorry, you have already made a change to this delivery. It will be left with a neighbour. Thank you”

What? When is my parcel coming?

Not a lie or an exaggeration. That’s what happens every time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The post office hasn't been privatised, it's Royal Mail which was sold off, they make the deliveries & dictate the price.

There was a long period when there were notifications that stamps without QR code were no longer valid, it was even extended 6 moths. Could send these freepost to RM & they sent you replacement new ones, easy.
Sorry. First I accepted it was privatized because several people on this thread said so and I assumed I'd missed this final piece of tory tomfoolery.

(I should have realized it wasn't so since the Faversham branch still looks shit - like a Hungarian cake shop from the 1980s, where you queued for a ticket to queue to ask for a cake, then queue again to pay someone else for it - and yet the service remains cheap and reliable. If it had been privatized it would look great but not work well and would cost the earth).

I missed all the correspondence about QR codes because I don't read any mail or email that's not obviously specifically sent to me. This cavalier attitude has cost me dear at work where a real and important instruction is buried on page 7 of a document addressed to 'Dear stakeholder', and which begins with exciting news, for example, about the new director of anal probings. On one occasion I was later unable to sit down for a week. That's autism for you.

Should I tell Sid?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just had a delivery of over a week's post which included some birthday vouchers and a new debit card after HSBC (hacking some bùgger's card) damaged it in their cash machine. Sounded like a bomb coming through the door with all the leaflets and flyers as well. The postman is polite enough but this is the first post received for a long time.

I have an awful feeling I might get a fine through the post after  maybe going through a red light a few days ago. Just hope it's a small amount (which gives me a couple of weeks to pay for it to be halved) and no points on my licence. :censored:
You have reminded me that I agreed about 3 weeks ago that I was the driver of a car doing 57 in a 50 zone about 5 weeks ago and have not yet received my letter of punishment.

Could it have been lost in the post?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
You have reminded me that I agreed about 3 weeks ago that I was the driver of a car doing 57 in a 50 zone about 5 weeks ago and have not yet received my letter of punishment.

Could it have been lost in the post?
I find the best way to guarantee the arrival of those letters is to start considering the possibility that it won't arrive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here