Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First cars

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
1969 Morris 1300

Bule Grey Colour.

Nice little car ( positive earthing so couldn't get a cassette player)

Top speed 65 MPH, even in a tailwind down-hill

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
A 1961 Triumph Vitesse, a bit of a bad car. A complete rust bucket and the back wheels would 'tuck under' the rear if you cornered too fast due to its weird A Frame suspension.

Envy of my mates though as it was a hell of a lot faster than their minis and Anglias.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
1966 MK1 Cortina 1500 Delux . . . . with Rostyles :cool:

db_Mgp175051.jpg

got written off by a pissed lorry driver

I've lost count of how many others I've had . . .about 15 or so

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
An F reg Ford Fiesta.

I bought it from Carringtons in Hassocks, and they were eager for my business (or at least Cash) until I discovered that when I drove with the lights on, every time the car slowed down, the lights dimmed and went off.

They claimed to have replaced the alternator and the battery but I was sceptical.

It was ok until I had to stop at traffic lights or a junction at night. Then I'd be clinging on for dear life, praying nobody ploughed into the back of me because they couldn't see me without any lights

:lolol:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
tinx said:
An 1983 A reg Fiat Uno in metallic green bought in 1992. It was such a rust bucket you could slide you hand inside the door and unlock it form the outside. Lasted through three cheap MOTs before I dumped it off at the scrap yard and was given 25 quid for it.

:lolol: Mine was an A reg Fiat Panda (brought in 1990) and I bet it was a bigger rust bucket than yours, it was a hunk of junk!! Nothing worked on it properly and the seats were like fold out chairs! It only had 1 windscreen wiper which used to go regularly for a burton in the pouring rain! The only good thing about it was that it cost me a fiver every two weeks in petrol!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
1987 VW Golf. Fast, very damn fast. Insurance didn't like me very much :(

Car died very, very quickly after I got it too, but then again, I got it free off my brother in law when he went direct from it to a new Audi A6.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
A reg brown Austin Metro.

Had it for a year after passing my test.

The clutch was dodgy and every time I stop at a junction or Traffic lights, I had to take it out of gear and pump the clutch, otherwise it would stall.

Also once while driving it, the gear stick fell through the floor, I had to drive holding it in place. One replaced rusty bolt later and all was fine again.

I was quite fond of that car. :blush:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I had a yellow mini. Forget what year it was but I got it when I was 16 and kept it until I was 20 when I gave it to my sister. It is still MOT'd and driveable today.

I loved that little car and the doody gear stick it had.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A white D reg Metro City 1.1 (hairdryer model).
It was a pile of crap, but very economical - at least until one day when I seemed to burn up half a tank of petrol going from Soutwick to Portslade on the seafront road. It spluttered to a halt, then when I got out I noticed my petrol had appeared to leak out from under the car. The petrol tank had rusted right through.

Got the tank replaced, and two weeks later the exhaust fell off while I was driving along Old Shoreham Road. Had to pull over and pick it up (from the slow lane obviously). I put it on the back seat, and it leaked a load of crap all over my suit trousers, permanently ruining them.

Got rid of it soon after.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
fs_image5_7982mn_groot.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I miss that little beauty

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
1967,Mini 850cc.Long gear stick,speeod centre of dash,big steering wheel.I past my test in 1975:ohmy: That car took me all over,London and the South East :clap:Parked it up near The Nevil pub,for home matchs :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here