Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First Capital Connect Train Services - 17.08.07

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Currently there is no through London service, Northbound as far as Blackriars and Southbound as far as Kentish Town West.

Think it is an overhead power problem - you have been warned.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
FCC is really the crappiest rail service going - is there a worst train company in Europe? In the world?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Hastings to Charing X has buses all this month, weekdays and weekends, between Wadhurst and Tonbridge adding an hour each way on the journey - now that is crap. Thank God I stopped commuting 7 years ago

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Is it right that around December FCC trains will no longer be going to Kings X Thameslink, but going to the new Paddington International instead.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is it right that around December FCC trains will no longer be going to Kings X Thameslink, but going to the new Paddington International instead.

No. They'll be going next door to St Pancras

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ah right, so I should still be able to pick up the Victoria line from there then?

This is something I await as well as there may be a 5 / 10 minute walk between Victoria Line and Kings Cross Thameslink.

What bothers me is I join the Victoria line via Kings Cross Thameslink

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What bothers me is I join the Victoria line via Kings Cross Thameslink

So do I on occasions, but admittedly only in emergencies. I despise FCC trains so much, I actually prefer to go onto Victoria and catch a nice relaxing, air conditioned, comfortable seat Southern train.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So do I on occasions, but admittedly only in emergencies. I despise FCC trains so much, I actually prefer to go onto Victoria and catch a nice relaxing, air conditioned, comfortable seat Southern train.

Oh I always go Victoria then Kings Cross via the tube but exiting via Thameslink is a five munute walk to my office

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Surely you mean the street corner you SOLICIT from :angry::angry::angry:

Didn't think you could hold up the sensible post part for long :laugh::laugh:

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh I always go Victoria then Kings Cross via the tube but exiting via Thameslink is a five munute walk to my office

Oh right, gotcha. I work in Tottenham Hale and could theoretically get on/off Victoria line at Kings X Thameslink and use FCC to/from Brighton, but won't.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
i'd rather travel on top of a "vintage" steam train with 3,000 indians packed in than travel on the first crapital express on a regular basis

It is shite of the first order. Mind you, Southern piss me off too. Why do so few of their trains have the air-conditioning switched on/working? It's like travelling home in a sauna.

The one I caught yesterday had the heating switched on too - what the hell is that about?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Oh right, gotcha. I work in Tottenham Hale and could theoretically get on/off Victoria line at Kings X Thameslink and use FCC to/from Brighton, but won't.

I work in Holborn but always get the Victoria train and then tube it. Can't stand the Worst Crapital connect. It's disgusting

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I work in Holborn but always get the Victoria train and then tube it. Can't stand the Worst Crapital connect. It's disgusting

Even if I go drinking near London Bridge of an evening, I still get the tube back to Victoria for a proper train rather than scrum down with half of Croydon on that Thameslink piece of shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here