Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

first brigton shirt you owned

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
They're different kits from different seasons, aren't they? The blue NOBO badge is from the 87-88 season I think and the red one(which incidentally was my first Brighton top) was the kit from 88-91.

I'm not sure that they are, I have investigated this and I think perhaps there were a few printed like this before they settled on the Red/White combination. Something similar happened with the first home kit at Gillingham.

football_shirt_2_1_0x90.jpg
football_shirt_837_1_0x90.jpg

These sites only recognise the red on white
Brighton Hove Albion - Historical Football Kits
http://www.kitclassics.co.uk/kits/brighton.gif

They're different kits from different seasons, aren't they? The blue NOBO badge is from the 87-88 season I think and the red one(which incidentally was my first Brighton top) was the kit from 88-91.

is the right answer - two points to that man.

Blue patch was the first season with Nelson and Bremner banging them in as we surged to promotion from Div3 in 87-8

white patch with red type - the 88-89 season in the old div 2. (a 3-1 stuffing of the Palace at the Goldstone on Boxing Day -now thats memories)

watch out for the patches tho. they are notoriusly fragile once they've been in a washing machine. All of them, sponsors logo, club badge, manufacturers logo are only stick on patches - all mine disappeared in one wash and spin dry!

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The black and blue that I got from Oxfam.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
This little gem was my first shirt...
Brighton-91-Away.gif

My all time favourite shirt, my first shirt was the home one we wore in 2004 season

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
football_shirt_2228_1_400x0.jpg

The original rather than the toffs. Given to my Dad before the Cup Final for me by either Steve Foster or Jimmy Case. Not sure which one.

Actually now I've seen both, the original version of that one was my first. I found a picture of me at Christmas wearing it - the 'brewery' bit was definitely encapsuled within the square bit of felt.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
the 97-98 away top was my first :)

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
That was my first shirt - I got an entire Albion kit as a Xmas present - I must have been about 10 (1978 ish) and I wore the entire kit (possibly including football boots) all day.

Same here............think it was bought from Diggins at the top of Blatchington rd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here