Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First Away Game with Brighton

Great thread!

Southampton at the Dell, opening game of the 77/78 season (after we'd just been promoted). Me and my schoolmate Nick got the train down. Got there late, stood right at the back, and could see apx a third of the pitch (the far end). That was the end the goals were scored tho. I think John Ruggerio scored his one and only goal for us to equalise...

The report in the paper the following day said there was loads of trouble between the fans. Can't remember that - good baptism for an away game, tho.

Went down friday night with three mates and a two man tent??? pitched up in netley then met the haywards heath coach at the dolphin botley:eek:Loads of trouble with scummers smashing up albion cars that were caught in traffic jams after the game!:moo: ELVIS RIP 1977

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
First away ground FA Cup Semi-Final at Highbury v Sheffield Wednesday 1983.
First proper league away game Palace Boxing Day 1983 we won 2-0 with goals from Danny Wilson and Neil Smillie . . . cracking day out!

Peterborough in the Cup 1986. I was 13. Remember feeling slightly nervous at the "you're gonna get your f***ing heads kicked in" chant.

The Argus were giving out commemorative red scarves at the station. Still have mine to this day.

don't think the Argus were that generous!, my recollection was they were handed out on the special train courtesy of the club, If The Argus were giving anything away it'd be made of cardboard and have 'Evening Argus' splashed across it

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Liverpool away in the FA Cup - 1991

Small and Byrne to send us into raptures and secure a 2-2 draw after being 2-0 down.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Peterborough in the Cup 1986. I was 13. Remember feeling slightly nervous at the "you're gonna get your f***ing heads kicked in" chant.

The Argus were giving out commemorative red scarves at the station. Still have mine to this day.

That was mine aswell. If it was the one where it was frigging freezing and the pitch was cleared of snow? If not snow a hard frost!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Sat 03 Nov 2001 Bristol City 0 - 1 Brighton & Hove Albion, Zamora the scorer. Remember ending up in a home fans only pub before the game. Had such a good laugh, couldn't believe I hadn't done it before. The first of MANY away games over the following decade

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
27/8/66 Reading away (Elm Park) - drew 1-1. A mate of my old man had 4 daughters, loved his football and had no son (and an excuse) to go to away games with, so I got lucky. Did most the "local" games that season - Swindon, Gillingam and Oxford.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Dec 27, 1976 - was it the only time he missed a pen...? (can't remember any others)

Cheers. That'll have been my first away game then. Can't remember him missing a whole load either but that miss gave them a 1-0 win.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Reading away in 1994 on the day that they won the league. I can't remember how many Albion fans were there that day but the away end was packed to the rafters.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Nottingham Forest in the League Cup in 1978. And we saw the whole game unlike the official supporters train which broke down. Bucketed down with rain.

On a school trip (imagine that happening today kids......................) Got home about 1.30 am and had to be at school for 9am

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
1-1 draw with Peterborough in 1999, think it was an FA Cup game

Same as me! :D but I think we played them again in the league either a week before of after, I went to both but can't remember which was first :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here