Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First Away Game with Brighton

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Gillingham away 1963 - lost 1-0.
So amazed how the majority of the big crowd were so quiet when we were attacking or went close to scoring. Roy jennings was sent off - the first ever sending off that i had seen live, and it was rare in those days.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Actually pompey away could have been my first away... Nobby missed a pen at the other end, what year was that?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
First away? How could i forget? THAT game feat Kelvin Morton, Selhurst Park AND f.i.v.e penalties...

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Boxing day 2007 Millwall 3-0 BHA, terrible game

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Great thread!

Southampton at the Dell, opening game of the 77/78 season (after we'd just been promoted). Me and my schoolmate Nick got the train down. Got there late, stood right at the back, and could see apx a third of the pitch (the far end). That was the end the goals were scored tho. I think John Ruggerio scored his one and only goal for us to equalise...

The report in the paper the following day said there was loads of trouble between the fans. Can't remember that - good baptism for an away game, tho.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Gillingham away 1976/7. Kicked off big style as Palace's game that day was postponed. We won 1-0 with a goal from Spider. Massive Albion support that day.

---
I am here: Google Maps

That was mine too! Went on the Seagull Special, huge Brighton turnout, the Bosun were at it in the Gillingham end.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Orient , 2-0 Win - Brooker and Zamora game

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

D

Deleted User X18H

Peterborough in the Cup 1986. I was 13. Remember feeling slightly nervous at the "you're gonna get your f***ing heads kicked in" chant.

The Argus were giving out commemorative red scarves at the station. Still have mine to this day.

I went to that one remember travelling on a train with no lights with most of the clientele of the Hikers Rest. Great fun at 16.

I suppose my first non home game was the 1983 FA Cup Final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here