Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First Away Game with Brighton

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Best mob at Brighton had me wondering about my first away game with the Albion. It was way back in 1972/73 season when I was just 15 and still at school. Portsmouth Sept 30. Remember it well (I think). My mate said lets go and get 10am train - Portsmouth 11am. Getting chased 11.02am. Managed to get into their home end because everyone said they will be there - nope just the 4 of us. What an experience. Still laugh about it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Gillingham away 1976/7. Kicked off big style as Palace's game that day was postponed. We won 1-0 with a goal from Spider. Massive Albion support that day.

---
I am here: Google Maps

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
Aston Villa in the Fa cup! 2 or 3 years ago wasn't it? (I'd been to alot of home games before this, wasn't a late comer because of the game) Lost my voice after Tommy's goal, some fucker nicked my seat but we were standing so i didn't mind. The singing was amazing! I enjoyed the game so much. After though, we managed to crash in Wycombe on the M40 and ended up getting home at 2am and a very sore throat the next day. But i suppose the Albion are worth that :thumbsup: Sorry i don't have any stories about anything "Kicking off" :lolol:

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
Peterborough in the Cup 1986. I was 13. Remember feeling slightly nervous at the "you're gonna get your f***ing heads kicked in" chant.

The Argus were giving out commemorative red scarves at the station. Still have mine to this day.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Preston 2-2 Brighton. Nov' 03

In Divison 1 under Coppell, think we were 2-0 down at half time so turned out to be a decent point in the end.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
had to double check this because i went to a few in 76-77 season

but it was actually chesterfield,last game of the 75-76 season,we got promoted

a real eye opener!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
hate to carry on the 'kicking off' theme but mine was Lincoln away in 2000. Sat in the front row:dunce: and Lincoln scored first, 4 or 5 of their fans next to us got up and started celebrating only to be kicked back over to their end.

next game was Chesterfield........

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
1984 away to Oxford at the Manor Ground, we lost 2-0. Frank Worthington was upfront for us. Oxford were good then with John Aldridge and Ray Houghton in their side.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Leyton Orient, FA Cup first round. Lost 4-2, some Orient chap scored a hattrick and I booed him. I forget his name, but he was hated at the time.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Southend in the F.A.Cup '76 lost 2-1 - we were bloody awful.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
That memorable game at Bournemouth in September 1995 when there was a pitch invasion to protest against those c*nts Bellotti and Archer selling the Goldstone. Police went in heavy with batons, hitting anybody. They thought we were as bad as Leeds five years previously. Meridian just condemned all the trouble and didn't want to go into detail about the real reasons but it had to be brought to attention. What a day that was. Great weather and absolutely pissed.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Forest away 1979 (1978?) League Cup... lost, bunked off school for the coach, weren't allowed to take our beer on it either. Stopped what felt like 20 times for wee breaks. Away pen was over subscribed despite two trains not even making it. Lost 3-1? (2-1?). Wardy scored ours anyway. Danny Morrisson shagging some bird on the back seat to a chorus of singing. The day was different to say the least.

BHAMAN

Dec 25, 2010
Shoreham
1st April 1972
Bournemouth
It ended in a 1-1 draw.

I can't remember much as I was only 8 years old (nearly 9) - other than a vivid memory of shouting, in my obviously squeaky voice, to "bring on Bertie Lutton" who was our sub that day.

Best mob at Brighton had me wondering about my first away game with the Albion. It was way back in 1972/73 season when I was just 15 and still at school. Portsmouth Sept 30. Remember it well (I think). My mate said lets go and get 10am train - Portsmouth 11am. Getting chased 11.02am. Managed to get into their home end because everyone said they will be there - nope just the 4 of us. What an experience. Still laugh about it.

Standing outside the fratton end before the game when brighton came down the road pompey gave chase and brighton ran! we picked up tickets from a pompey player that day and sat in the main stand then went dog racing in pompey saturday night!:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here