Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
We need 4/5 early wickets on the morning of the third day or we better start praying for rain.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think I'm being that harsh on Pietersen. He was well set against a relatively weak attack and in a position to make a big score and what does he do? Plays the most ridiculous shot off a sub standard bowler and lets them right back in the game. He's the best batsman in the world on his day but time and time again he gets himself out. It's not that it was a bad shot, it's that it was the single most irresponsible shot I've ever seem.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Mind you, the only batsman that can really say he got out to a good ball was Prior.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
We need 4/5 early wickets on the morning of the third day or we better start praying for rain.

Not too sure we need to do much praying. Forecast is for rain most of tomorrow. Think the Aussies showed what a flat itch it was. We were a bit unlucky that on day 1 it swung a bit but on day 2 nothing. Australia in that first hour with no swing showed they aren't a greta bowling line up given that Jimmy Anderson looked so comfortable. Got to keep Australia down to under 500 to ensure we get out of this game with a draw. Hopefully a bit of rain tomorrow will help our cause.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Australia will rack up runs all day today, Saturday will be write off and they'll look to skittle us on Monday.

It's not looking too clever.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Pietersen got out to a silly shot but it was him playing that sort of shot, that got us into a good position in the first place. There's always far too much criticism of him, I think for the rest of the summer he should be immune from blame if he top scores(again). Flintoff got out to a horrible shot and yet Sky and the BBC seemed to be praising him incredibly and criticising Prior/Pietersen/Collingwood for getting in and the getting out

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Flintoff's dismissal was looked ugly but it was just a case of his bat being angled. You have also got to take into account that he us batting at 7. Pietersen did not get us into a good position by playing sweeps, that he chould quite easily have pulled out of, from three feets outside off stump either. He was patient and built a good innings with decent shots. He was primed for a huge score there and that is why I'm so pissed off with it all.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Swann needs to stop bowling full tosses. These two spinners are bowling okay but they can't keep giving runs away.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Too many boundaries.

I can actually see us losing this match if Australia bat all day.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Pietersen got out to a silly shot but it was him playing that sort of shot, that got us into a good position in the first place. There's always far too much criticism of him, I think for the rest of the summer he should be immune from blame if he top scores(again). Flintoff got out to a horrible shot and yet Sky and the BBC seemed to be praising him incredibly and criticising Prior/Pietersen/Collingwood for getting in and the getting out

I don't have Sky and a whole load of us around here can't get a terrestrial channel (C5) so effectively I am stuck with the radio - including shipping forecasts just when you want ball-by ball! - and the odd highlight on BBC?ITV news. This is ridiculous!:angry:

Having said that when I did see Pietersen's dismissal, it WAS a crass error of judgement to try to play such a shot so far outside the off stump. It loked like he had made his mind to play the shot whatever was bowled to him, a clasic case of, as they say in football, "show-boating"...

I agree with the previous comment, the Aussies wil be looking for 600+ and then go for us in the second innings. Their lack of a true spinner might hinder that though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here