Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Firemen question

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
When a cat is up a tree yeah, and they get a call yeah, do they rush like they would if it was a fire, I mean sliding down the pole and sirens wailing and that, or do they just drive to it like they were going to get the papers?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
No idea! Lets find out! Anyone got a cat?:jester:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
My best mate is a fireman. They are always, always eating.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Man of Harveys said:

Yes, must be difficult for the diet - that grazing between infernos.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Tooting Gull said:
Yes, must be difficult for the diet - that grazing between infernos.
They can be as fat as they like (and, annoyingly, most of them aren't) but they'll still pull like Warren Beatty, just for being firemen :jealous:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Man of Harveys said:

They eat danger on toast, squirt ketchup on flammable workplace kitchens and oil on undercooked, wet women.

It is quite likely, i feel, for a cat to be set on fire to ensure that big, fat, long-hosed sexpots come and blow it out speedily.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
When a cat is up a tree yeah, and they get a call yeah, do they rush like they would if it was a fire, I mean sliding down the pole and sirens wailing and that, or do they just drive to it like they were going to get the papers?

Only even been to a stuck cat once, although it was up a telegraph pole and not a tree. Oh, and it was a kitten. Martin went up the ladder and as he grabbed the kitten it was so terrified it pissed in his face!:clap2:

Ps - yeah, always go to every call on blue lights and two tones (unless police advise not to, ie - civil unrest etc).
For incidents involving animals (mostly horses stuck in ditches or involved in road accidents etc) sirens are turned off before arrival as it tends to distress them even more.

Pps - Harveys commenting on other people always eating..???

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Firemen question

Bry Nylon said:
Only even been to a stuck cat once, although it was up a telegraph pole and not a tree. Oh, and it was a kitten. Martin went up the ladder and as he grabbed the kitten it was so terrified it pissed in his face!:clap2:

Ps - yeah, always go to every call on blue lights and two tones (unless police advise not to, ie - civil unrest etc).
For incidents involving animals (mostly horses stuck in ditches or involved in road accidents etc) sirens are turned off before arrival as it tends to distress them even more.

WICKERD!! Thanks!

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Re: Re: Firemen question

Bry Nylon said:

You a fireman then - pics (in uniform of course) :) :) :) :)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
whats the pay for fireman , though for a standard firefighter its only about 20k , i would like to do this job but cant justify the drop in income

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Dougal said:
whats the pay for fireman , though for a standard firefighter its only about 20k , i would like to do this job but cant justify the drop in income

Firefighter
Trainee £19,918
Development (ie once allocated a station & a watch) £20,747
Competent (once deemed fully competent) £26,548

Crew Manager (aka Leading Firefighter)
Development £28,216
Competent £29,433

Watch Manager (aka, the Guv'nor)
Development £30,070
Competent A £30,905
Competent B £32,913

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The Wookiee said:
Is it true that fireman are no longer allowed to slide down the pole as it has been banned due to health and safety ?

yes, true :down:

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Firemen question

ben andrews' girlfriend said:
*bites tongue* ;)

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Go on then you can have him but I still want to see a picture of what I missed. ??? ??? ???

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here