Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Firefox not as good as it was?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
first off the film is utter utter shite.

as for the browser, its not changed, just more problems found. thats the nature of open source, you can open it up and poke around to find problems easier. Alot of that number are low risk problems, and problems get fixed alot quicker with firefox. also, when you update/upgrade firefox, it doesnt shaft you by forcing you to agree to a new, more draconian user agreement like MS does.

so firefox (the browser to make absolutly clear) is still the best.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
beorhthelm said:

CORRECT !!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is indeed. So imagine how IRRITATING it is to work for a company who have COSIED up to Microsoft, meaning that we're not allowed Firefox unless we're developing for an internet site used by clients. :nono:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
beorhthelm said:
first off the film is utter utter shite.

as for the browser, its not changed, just more problems found. thats the nature of open source, you can open it up and poke around to find problems easier. Alot of that number are low risk problems, and problems get fixed alot quicker with firefox. also, when you update/upgrade firefox, it doesnt shaft you by forcing you to agree to a new, more draconian user agreement like MS does.

Ok, thanks. I wont worry about it then and remain with good ol' Firefox.

ade28uk

Jul 23, 2003
Firefox is an excellent browser. Its still tons safer to use IE. It also runs on Linux and Apple too. This is what computing should be about an open shop not a closed one. What would happen if Java was closed to one platform? like Windows.

I will agree Microsoft do make some great products, however they are still ripping people off.

I have webstats scattered across a lot of websites and over the last year I have seen an increase in people using Firefox and other open source products.

One last question. Have you ever got spyware through Firefox?

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Firefox is quality. I'm always usinjg the the tabs feature, and its brilliant at blocking pop-ups.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
tinx said:
How anyone can live without tabbed browsing is beyond me.

Think that's why it's a feature of the latest versions of IE.....

Still, i'm a firefox user, although i've been slightly dissapointed at the increasing number of pop-ups which get through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here