Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fire in Lewes

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Dies Irae said:
what about Bella? Is she still the floosie at the Italian restauant who wants to play with sam's huge firemans chopper?

That would be Bella Lasagne. She's not in his book, so I have no knowledge of her chopper handling, hose holding exploits. Sorry. Dilys is in it, and what a miserable dried up old hag she is.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What about the two children? Boy and girl...they were little scamps :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

And I think the station commander is a NAZI

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Man of Harveys said:
Probably around the same time as "lorries" became "trucks" - I hate these Americanisms by stealth. Why doesn't the BBC - which could have a massive influence on these things - make a stand?

It does. The BBC calls them "firefighters" because it doesn't generally know whether they are men.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms said:
not to him it wasn't!
Was it his flat with all the fireworks in it?If so, he's in the shit with OB according to the news.:ohmy:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry, but what's wrong with "firefighters"??

It's hardly a new term, and why would you call them all firemen when there are just as likely to be women involved? I can't say I'd be particularly pleased to be labelled a policeman, say.

(Having said that, we have lots of names for the fire brigade at work, but that's another story)

:lolol: ;)

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
edna krabappel said:
Nothing much, I just have a big gripe with creeping Americanisms and this is yet another one, like lorries/trucks etc.
(What do the police say about the fireservice, btw?)

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
edna krabappel said:

It's hardly a new term, and why would you call them all firemen when there are just as likely to be women involved? I can't say I'd be particularly pleased to be labelled a policeman, say.

So do you still use the terms PC & WPC or are you all just police officers now?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
edna krabappel said:
(Having said that, we have lots of names for the fire brigade at work, but that's another story)

:lolol: ;)

Such as ....???

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
All officers of constable rank -- whatever sex -- are called "PC Smith" or "DC Jones". If you hear a reference to WPC Smith, it's WRONG.

That must get very confusing... what if their name is Johnson, for example? Or Umgabizoola...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here