Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Finishing Position

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
People who say the league is harder this season IGNORE the fact that Carlisle have turned SHIT and another team which flirted with the play offs, i.e. US have also PLUMETTED.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Higher than we are? Yes, definitely.

Play-offs? Don't think so because there are teams who would be better than us even we played to our full potential. There are also teams who will have much more money to spend than us in the January transfer window.

I never had any great expectations for this season, even at the start, and wouldn't have done even if Wilkins had still been in charge. Whenever was there a gurantee that any team who finished in one position one season would improve on it the next? We were in the play-off final in 91 and got relegated the next.

Hopes in football are everything. Expectations are foolish and dangerous.

I expect nothing from the Albion, but my one big hope is that we make the Championship for the first season at Falmer. It won't be a surprise if we don't, though.

Yeah, but those "unrealistic" expectations were created by Knight when he sacked a manager who finished 7th....

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
People who say the league is harder this season IGNORE the fact that Carlisle have turned SHIT and another team which flirted with the play offs, i.e. US have also PLUMETTED.

You are actually backing up my point - if we and Carlisle have done worse, others have done better (and maybe they are better) and some very good teams came into the division from above and below. Even at the start of the season I would have been delighted to finish 7th again.

In any case, all this guesswork is nonsense - it's only November 16. Someone better than I should do a position comparison graph between this season and last and post it weekly. Then let's discuss it all after the last day of the season.

The time to judge will be christmas , then if we are in the bottom 4 then perhaps MA has been a complete failure , the things i would be looking at would be the improvement in home form going on the old addage of if you win your home games then perhaps an average of 1 and a half points away would get you up . The cups are bonuses if we win on tuesday then perhaps barring a complete copitulation against non league opposition we are in the 3rd round again , if we beat Shrewsbury in the JPT then its a southern final agaisnt beatable opposition ... then wembley but to demand heads roll etc before all this happens then its a bit too early

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here