Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Finishing Position

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Realisticly looking where we are now where do you reckon we will finish ?
I think we need a change of manager IF we lose the next two games.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Do you think ?
i think 16th if adams stays but if a new manager comes in i think play offs

So anyone other than Adams will get us into the play-offs? So simple isn't it?!!

Regardless of the lack of money, possible injuries and, heaven forbid, other teams simply being better than us??

Sorry, I forgot, we are the best team in the division, but Adams is picking the wrong players!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What a load of old twaddle, this team with MA as manager is good enough to reach the play offs even now, there are still about 90 points to play for so why are we giving up already.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Well how often does it work for a manager the second time back ?

Not the point I was making. You said that anyone but Adams would get us into the play-offs.

I just can't see any reason to believe that. Looking at the squad we have, our resources, and now having seen the standard of other teams in the division, I think a management team of Ferguson, Scolari and Wenger would struggle to get us there.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
What a load of old twaddle, this team with MA as manager is good enough to reach the play offs even now, there are still about 90 points to play for so why are we giving up already.

Well i suppose really if sunderland were bottom at christmas and finished top i mean theres no reason why we cant still go up

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Well i suppose really if sunderland were bottom at christmas and finished top i mean theres no reason why we cant still go up

Now there I do agree with you - it can be done. However, I can't see it happening because we don't have the rescources to improve a squad that is probably not good enough...regardless of who is the manager or who he picks to play or in which position.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
We are about 2 or 3 players off of being a side that can win this division if we get them in January who knows.

I admire your optimism BG. I don't quite share it but I hope you're right.

At least a bit of optimism is better than the constant whinging from some who seem to believe that they deserve success just because they are a good supporter.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Now there I do agree with you - it can be done. However, I can't see it happening because we don't have the rescources to improve a squad that is probably not good enough...regardless of who is the manager or who he picks to play or in which position.

Really?!? We have the basis of the squad that finished 7th last season, and to that we have added:

Livermore - popular player and fairly regular starter for Hull last season
Adam Virgo - turned down several Championship sides to sign for us
McLeod - when fit should be one of the best wingers in League One

Plus a handful of very good loan players including Johnson and Thornton, who would both get in most Championship sides. We have the best strikeforce in the division as well. Do you really not think we are good enough to be higher than we are?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
8th

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Chesney Christ is correct.

I think the squad is certainly well placed to be much higher up.

I am afraid the blame lies with the manager and his RIDICULOUS decisions like playing Virgo right wing, Hawkins when not fit / shit etc.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Really?!? We have the basis of the squad that finished 7th last season, and to that we have added:

Livermore - popular player and fairly regular starter for Hull last season
Adam Virgo - turned down several Championship sides to sign for us
McLeod - when fit should be one of the best wingers in League One

Plus a handful of very good loan players including Johnson and Thornton, who would both get in most Championship sides. We have the best strikeforce in the division as well. Do you really not think we are good enough to be higher than we are?

Higher than we are? Yes, definitely.

Play-offs? Don't think so because there are teams who would be better than us even we played to our full potential. There are also teams who will have much more money to spend than us in the January transfer window.

I never had any great expectations for this season, even at the start, and wouldn't have done even if Wilkins had still been in charge. Whenever was there a gurantee that any team who finished in one position one season would improve on it the next? We were in the play-off final in 91 and got relegated the next.

Hopes in football are everything. Expectations are foolish and dangerous.

I expect nothing from the Albion, but my one big hope is that we make the Championship for the first season at Falmer. It won't be a surprise if we don't, though.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Chesney Christ is correct.

I think the squad is certainly well placed to be much higher up.

I am afraid the blame lies with the manager and his RIDICULOUS decisions like playing Virgo right wing, Hawkins when not fit / shit etc.

Leaving out Thornton, playing Livermore out of position then dropping him, playing Virgo in central midfield...

The list is endless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here