Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Financial experts on this board

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I know thats what he said. He said lots of things that turned out to be slight misrepresentations of the reality didn't he.

Just out of interest - what's your interest in this Fosters Headband?

I have to admit that Mrs Headband against my wishes, decided to buy with her credit card 4 tickets to take our three grandchildren on the 22nd December.
When I looked at the web site back in November I did say I think this is a con, for which I was told don't be a miserable old git.:lolol::lolol:

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
I have to admit that Mrs Headband against my wishes, decided to buy with her credit card 4 tickets to take our three grandchildren on the 22nd December.
When I looked at the web site back in November I did say I think this is a con, for which I was told don't be a miserable old git.:lolol::lolol:

Enjoy your moment of glory at being right! They don't come around too often!

Still, I expect you'll still be in the wrong - you knew it was a con but let her go ahead and purchase them!

:jester:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought you were covered by credit card (and some debit card) guarantees only for purchases of 100 quid or more?

I have heard this as well however they have sent me a claims form

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The credit card company have put doubts in Mrs Headband's mind, because they seem to be saying you must have spent over £100. Her four tickets cost exactly £100.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The credit card company have put doubts in Mrs Headband's mind, because they seem to be saying you must have spent over £100. Her four tickets cost exactly £100.

Yikes. I think the Consumer Credit Act does, unfortunately, say "over £100.00".

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Yikes. I think the Consumer Credit Act does, unfortunately, say "over £100.00".

Hence my first question Bozza. If the statements are true, that Streamline have recovered all the monies paid from them on behalf of their customers from Laplands account, then the banks could be the ones to profit from this venture if they only repay any customer who spent above the £100. A nice little Christmas bonus for the banks methinks.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
A new statement by Victor Mears claiming they have taken all the money and making him look a bad person.

Official Announcement: 5th December 2008

I would like make it clear to all concerned ticket holders and website readers about the actual fact regarding the closure of the Lapland New Forest event and ticket reimbursement.

The sole and only reason why the Lapland New Forest theme park was forced to close is because the credit merchant company called "Streamline" seized/withdrew ALL funds from our company bank account ( with no prior notice and given reason ) on Tuesday 2nd December 2008.

This action I believe to be illegal and it immediately led to the impossible situation where:
We could not continue trading as we had no finance to move forward.

We can not ( at time of writing ) refund any customer for cancelled ticket(s) because all money has been taken from us.
We were NOT closed down because of any reason that came under investigation and we really wished to continue trading as promised ... BUT the sustained, inaccurate, personal and bias negative media coverage has caused a frenzy of unwarranted attention and slander, creating an atmosphere that also would be very difficult for any legitimate business to quickly recover from.

I and those close to me have been unjustly branded terrible people by the power of the media. Now many millions of people have been led into this false belief and miserable mindset and being so misinformed: now claim it as accurate.

No person whatsoever has received the whole and complete truth from reading the newspapers or watching the television about this affair.

Again, please understand: All bookings to our event were made electronically: website / telephone / cheque ... only a small sum of cash was ever exchanged for tickets. The company "Streamline" has seized the entire company funds and it is this company ( a Bank ) that has everyone's money ( at the time of writing ).

I am currently endeavouring to find solution to this situation, including gathering finances from other sources in attempt to first reimburse the many charities of under-privileged children who were to be our special guests.

Thank you for reading this statement,

Victor Mears
Director of Lapland New Forest Ltd.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
This web site statements just get funnier.

Work Wanted: Errr ... don't bite ... smile at the spirit:

Does anyone require an effective marketing campaign: websites / artwork / seo etc with guru conversion %? The totally independent designer of this highly successful marketing campaign and others is looking for the next interesting project ... maybe something less headline.

PLEASE don't contact me about your refunds or complaints ... it has nothing whatsoever to do with me/is not my decision and all the info available to date is above ... I'm just working day and night through the craziness to provide every single one of you with an accurate information and clear communication means ... for the sheer love and honour.

If you wish to communicate - only nice genuine relevant emails get past my emotional junk filter here. If you want to write abuse, slander and negativity ... know it won't be read.

Thank you

laplandnewforest.co.uk Online

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Just an update on this.
Mrs Headband thankfully got a refund today from the credit card company of the full £100, which as was stated above, was in doubt, due to the rule that you are only covered for money if over £100 was spent.
The one thing I did find strange was the credit card company stated she must write to Victor Mears requesting her money back by registered post. Her registered letter was returned to her today with a label stating that Lapland New Forest Co refused to sign for and accept the letter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here