Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Final capacity

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Never in a million years will the roof be raised, anyway would we ever need to? the only area that i would change would be to lose the offices behind the north and have the stand going right up to the roof, but with the angle of the roof in the north it might end up looking abit like the old dells Milton Road Stand!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
But could they? I thought there was rules about the maximum number of seats that any given seat could be away from an aisle / exit.

They might not be at the maximum at present.

Also issues with the maximum number of fans in each concourse with regard to emergency exits etc. At least thats what they stated as a reason against safe standing in the North stand.

I always mentioned this issue when safe-standing was discussed, everyone on here did an ostrich. Safe standing would bring a considerable increase in capacity which would probably be well over the maximum - a few extra seats may be ok.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Never in a million years will the roof be raised, anyway would we ever need to? the only area that i would change would be to lose the offices behind the north and have the stand going right up to the roof, but with the angle of the roof in the north it might end up looking abit like the old dells Milton Road Stand!

Very much this!

How many threads have there been feeding the obsession with increasing the capacity beyond it's 30,750 limit?

Smaller seats, safe standing areas, moving the seats closer together, having a smaller gap between rows, second tier in the North stand, raising the roof, using some of the disabled supporters areas.....and probably more.

It ain't gonna happen.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It seems every time there is a new picture posted by BHA official on facebook you get half the comments from people asking what the capacity will be and one or two ill informed people giving them complete red herrings. First he says the capacity will be 32,500 and says Barber said so (anyone else heard this nugget of information?) and then says the corners will be open for the FA Cup and 31,000 tickets will be sold. Can understand why he is being told the correct information! So much bullshit.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't know but they could definitely fit in a couple of thousand extra by pushing the seats together on the metal tracks rather than leaving the current couple of inches gap...

You wouldn't say that if you were sat next to someone who weighed 25 stone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here