Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Filthy rich and claptrap

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What we are seeing at the moment is the start of something massive for this club.

Completely agree, but if we want 25,000 along for the journey we need to make sure the product is right from top to bottom. While the hardcore will ride the rollercoaster along the way, we can't ignore the view of "well, I'll just come back when you have it all sorted." We talk about the fans as customers, well, that's what customers do. They go elsewhere (back to their tellies in the case of football "customers") and return when they see the product is value for money.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
So we have an English Brighton fan who has funded our brilliant stadium and our world class training centre, and wants to put everything in place to ensure that we can compete with the very best in the years to come, not just this year, but decades into the future. Ours is not some sheikh from a faraway hot climate who has come in with wallet open, knowing absolutely nothing about our club or its history, chucking money about to try to buy titles up like some kind of oil financed trophies. What we are seeing at the moment is the start of something massive for this club.

Yet, we have people moaning about queues for this and that, moaning about food pricing and selection. Moaning because Sami didn't win his first game in charge. Moaning at certain players who came off the bench today but couldn't turn the game around single handedly.

Get a grip moaners. You are behaving like spoilt children. Get some reality. You are being rediculous.

i agree. a lot of people forget what this club has been through. i think they presume that because we have a great new ground and training facility, (or maybe they have another reason) that we have some right to be in the prem or chuck loads of cash at players. we try to do things the right way, i.e. getting players we NEED at the right price - i do think with this correct policy we are buggered by the fact that the transfer deadline ends after the season starts and therefore we wont get these players early enough or even risk losing out to teams that are willing to risk their money and get in early.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I am really happy that your individual adventure/struggle to get a pint at the game ended well. Did you hear that we have the best training facility in the country? When you think about it, it is amazing just how far we have come in such a short time.

I praised our training ground loads of times and I have made many comments on how the club will develop, also hoping the club will help with coaching at grass root levels in Sussex to help produce local talant but the fans who are expected to spend more money on beer and pies and come early to spend more money please look after them as the club wants our money it's as important as having the best training facilities in the country. We are talking about basic customer service. I would like to think even if we are at the top of the league we should also be at the top of the league in Customer Service!

I been watching brighton since 1963 had a season tickets at Goldstone and Gillingham and Withdean so I know how far the club has come.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here