2. Seven Samurai
3. Brighton Rock
4 Dr Zhivago
5 Breakfast at Tiffany's

Have I missed much and what are yours?

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Never finished watching A Clockwork Orange. Found it very dull and to my detriment I'm sure, I just didn't get the fuss.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Battleship Potemkin
The Untouchables
Seventh Seal

I urge you to catch the Seven Samurai, Carwash - a quality piece of film making. Citizen Kane has its moments too.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I met my mum on Sunday. It wasn't our first meeting, but as it was Mother's Day i thought it best we join arms and stroll about a bit, me buying her a spot of lunch or something. So she came to London, England's twee capital, and on the Thames' fulsome promenade we meandered with my sister in hand. A large cup of tea was had and then we went to the Rodchenko exhibition at the Hayward. I had shoulder pain so could only take so much in, but parts of it were real purdy. To follow that we went to the BFI to use the free tickets i had for joining and becoming a card-holding film-snob. The film was The Conformist, a Bertolucci classic on religion and fascism and fractured hearts. Now, at the BFI they have seat whose backs lean, but never as far as the legs of the person sat right behind. Still, they are intensely comfy. About 30 minutes into the film i realised i hadn't the energy to read subtitles well for the next 90 minutes and spent that time fighting the sleep that reared inside me. While my eyes stayed open the film was sort of unseen as the show was surely to make sure they failed to close instead. Pah. I will have to go another day this month to take it all in properly. That means the free ticket i used will have cost me average ticket price when i return. My sister slept all the way through, so that made me feel better.
My mum said it was a brilliant film though.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Taxi Driver

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I had NOT seen On The Waterfront - until this week. It's brilliant and you get some idea about why there was a load more to Brando than the fat old slice of ham in Superman, Apocalypse Now etc.

The Godfather

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here