Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Films that hardly raised a stir which you rate very highly.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Don't know if they've been mentioned but buffalo 66 and beautiful girls for me. Along with Festen. My fave film of all time. Dark as f*** is that film.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Don't know if they've been mentioned but buffalo 66 and beautiful girls for me. Along with Festen. My fave film of all time. Dark as f*** is that film.

GREAT shouts, as is Box Of Moonlight mentioned earlier in the thread.

Festen is a stunning piece of work (and that's coming from a guy who hates the Dogma films).

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346570881.160252.jpg

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
That IMDB is shite,Ievery shit film I watch seems to get a high mark and every good film gets a poor one.don't bother looking what the dick heads on there have to say now.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
The debt, recent release seems to have slipped under radar, Helen Mirren , Tom Wilkinson, Sam Worthington, Ciarin Binds. Great film.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think a low imdb rating means a film didn't raise a stir. Twilight is rated 5.3 but that was a movie event. imdb ratings are just about how much people who use the site liked it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am going to chuck in Dig a documentry about The Dandy Warhols and The Brian Jonestown Massacre. Brilliant! Sorry if it has already been mentioned.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Another vote for
images

I saw it on DVD quite recently and it was easily the best film that I have watched over the last year or so.

Got through half of it on Film 4 the other week but it was so long I had to order it on DVD. Also pending to watch in the CM household are:

Sophie Scholl
Pusher 1
Elite Squad 2
Max Manus
The Flying Scotsman
The Round Up
All About My Mother (HADDOCK!!!!)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Oh and forget the shite cover/tagline on this Danish WWII resistance flick, it is an excellent watch, very well done and based on true life events.

51dyy%2B8AvFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I have no idea as to how much of a stir it caused when it came out, but I can't recommend:
images
highly enough.

It is an earlier one from Alejandro González Iñárritu, director of 21 Grams and Babel.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Just got round to watching District 9 which has been sitting on my SKY planner for a while. Thought it was an excellent twist on the usual 'Aliens come to earth' plot line although i admit there is a rather obvious apartheid allegory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here