Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Films that hardly raised a stir which you rate very highly.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Seven Pounds.

I found this film very powerful and moving and a tremendous performance from the very underated Will Smith.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Kevin Smith Films inc.

Clerks, Mallrats, Dogma & Red State. Although I know these aren't that low rated however they are indie films with smaller audiences.

Can't think of any others at the moment :shrug:

Dec 29, 2011
Watched a film called "Expired" when I was stoned and I found it funny as f***. No-one i've talked to as heard of it though

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I know it seems to get more love nowadays, but at the time I don't think The Prestige got a lot of attention.

State and Main
Bandslam
Tucker and Dale v Evil (that was straight to dvd)

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Seven Pounds.

I found this film very powerful and moving and a tremendous performance from the very underated Will Smith.

This is one of the greatest films ever, I loved it

Also a mention for Shooter which I have watched about 10 times

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
7 pounds is a great film, I loved it. And yes, I cried at the end.

I remember watching a film years ago called "the cube" a B movie but it was brilliant, about a group of random people with different skills all wake up in a massive kind of rubiks cube. And they have to find their way out, so each cube has 6 entrances/exits, one for each side, but some cubes are booby trapped, they have to work together to find their way out utilising their own unique skills.

If I were to watch it again I'd probably think it isn't that good but as it stands I still highly regard it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is one of the greatest films ever, I loved it

Also a mention for Shooter which I have watched about 10 times

It is one of the most moving and life affirming films I have ever seen. The punch in the guts at the start when he calls 911 " I want to report a suicide, who is it ?, me " f*** me that got me. It is all explained at the end. Will Smith was absolutely immense in this film but then I rate him very highly as one of the most underated actors around at the moment.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
It is one of the most moving and life affirming films I have ever seen. The punch in the guts at the start when he calls 911 " I want to report a suicide, who is it ?, me " f*** me that got me. It is all explained at the end. Will Smith was absolutely immense in this film but then I rate him very highly as one of the most underated actors around at the moment.

I was planning on watching that...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Gran Torino
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
Fifth Element
Sin City

(Not sure if any of those 'raised a stir').

Gran Torino is very well regarded to be fair. Rightly so as it is superb.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Ghostdog not many people have seen it, not sure if it's well regarded but I love it.

Drive same as above. Both have cracking soundtracks too.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Mike Leigh's latest film; Another Year. Classic Leigh with Jim Broadbent and Lesley Manville but don't know too many people that have seen it. Really enjoyable and quite moving. COuld understand if you didn't/won't really like it.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
What's Eating Gilbert Grape. Brilliant film and how Leonardo DiCaprio didn't get an Oscar nomination I'll never understand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here