Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Film 2009

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Bruno - 80 minutes of watching the film cringing behind your hands! IMO Bruno is a more believable charactor than Borat, so when he goes into shock mode, he is way more shocking than Borat, as you would not have expected it!

Some of his stuff is so scandalous I can't believe he didn't get a kicking for it - the talk show scene in particular!

Not for prudes but extremely funny in an embarrassment way! 9/10

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I was only charge £1.50 extra. Are you a west end cinema goer or is it different in different cinemas?I was first charged for coraline, which was annoying because it came the same month that the monthly fee increased.

Not a west end goer, i have the basic membership for crawley and Brighton

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Mum and Dad - Immensely sick British horror, well worth watching if you like that sort of thing

The Mummy 3 - Whatever's it's called, very poor and i quite liked the first two

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Despite the negative critcal reviews I went to see Transformers 2 - The Revenge of the Fallen in a 75% full Odean tonight.

The critical reviews were almost universally bad. Kermode ratched it up saying he hated, hated, hated it.

I thoroughly enjoyed Transformers 1 which was for me a damn good action film with where the art of special effects and CGI had the bar raised.

So I went with exectations fairly low after the critical bashing.

The film was absolutely f***ing SUPERB.

The action and pace of the film started with a 10 and rarely fell below 9. The action sequences and the special effects and CGI raised the bar even higher than Transformers. The story was decent enough for me. Its a cartoon action storyline after all. The story was well paced and made sense. All complete nonsense of course but anyone going to see Transformers about Aliens tranforming into machines and robots expecting a Shakespearean epic tale really need a reality check.

Shia Labeouff was following on from part 1 and did a perfectly reasonable job. Megan Fox did what she was there for , to be eye candy and to admire her looks , body and breasts. She did an acceptable acting role but eye candy was her role.

Sam's parents added a light humourous touch. There were many amusing moments and general good humor albeit it at a schoolboy level.

Optimus Prime was magnificent and the battles whcih came thick and fast were jaw dropping.

My partner loved it and stated it was one of the best action films ever seen and better than part 1. I would agree. As a Summer blockbuster action film it had it all and was even better than Transformers 1. Go into the cinema and leave your analytical brain at the door and take it for what it is and you will have a hoot. Its not everyone's cup of tea I am sure but it is mine and I f***ing LOVED it.

The critics and box office expected a decent start and to drop through bad word of mouth. The opposite has happened and good word of mouth has happened with people seeing it, loving it and spreading the word. The film has remained top of the box office for nearly 3 weeks here and in the USA taking nearly $ 600 000 000 in less than 3 weeks.

Judging by the reaction of the audience with cheers and clapping at the end the vast majority of the audience loved it.

Ignore the critics this was excellent summer action blockbuster fare.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Public Enemies 8.5
I love Micheal Mann, and Depp and Bale were both excellent. Lots of great chases and gunfights, and just the right amount of laughs, legend and romance

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Christian Bale is my favourite actor of all time. Was he any good in this ?.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
If you like him you'll like it but it won't convince anyone who doesn't i'd say. I think he's excellent and was great in this, the whole cast is very good

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Quarantine

Another horror in the "whole-film-seen-through-a-camcorder" genre. This time its a female news reporter and her cameraman, making a fly-on-the-wall documentary with the LA Fire Department. They're take an emergency call and arrive at a block of apartments, whereby they and the fire crew end up locked in with the residents, some of whom have gone down with a rather unpleasant virus....kind of like a 28 Days later but from a camermans perspective.

Decent enough, nothing new or groundbreaking. Some nasty shocks on the way, and the last 15 minutes really ratchets up the tension to new levels. Enjoyable, but not groundbreaking.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Public Enemies
I got round to seeing this last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The people I went with didn't, a couple just didn't like it, a couple expected it to be more about how the public embraced him and made it difficult for the FBI.

Everyone involved did their jobs well, and it was fun and kept me interested (though I heard murmuring complaining of the length as we left).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Despite the negative critcal reviews I went to see Transformers 2 - The Revenge of the Fallen in a 75% full Odean tonight.

The critical reviews were almost universally bad. Kermode ratched it up saying he hated, hated, hated it.

I thoroughly enjoyed Transformers 1 which was for me a damn good action film with where the art of special effects and CGI had the bar raised.

So I went with exectations fairly low after the critical bashing.

The film was absolutely f***ing SUPERB.

The action and pace of the film started with a 10 and rarely fell below 9. The action sequences and the special effects and CGI raised the bar even higher than Transformers. The story was decent enough for me. Its a cartoon action storyline after all. The story was well paced and made sense. All complete nonsense of course but anyone going to see Transformers about Aliens tranforming into machines and robots expecting a Shakespearean epic tale really need a reality check.

Shia Labeouff was following on from part 1 and did a perfectly reasonable job. Megan Fox did what she was there for , to be eye candy and to admire her looks , body and breasts. She did an acceptable acting role but eye candy was her role.

Sam's parents added a light humourous touch. There were many amusing moments and general good humor albeit it at a schoolboy level.

Optimus Prime was magnificent and the battles whcih came thick and fast were jaw dropping.

My partner loved it and stated it was one of the best action films ever seen and better than part 1. I would agree. As a Summer blockbuster action film it had it all and was even better than Transformers 1. Go into the cinema and leave your analytical brain at the door and take it for what it is and you will have a hoot. Its not everyone's cup of tea I am sure but it is mine and I f***ing LOVED it.

The critics and box office expected a decent start and to drop through bad word of mouth. The opposite has happened and good word of mouth has happened with people seeing it, loving it and spreading the word. The film has remained top of the box office for nearly 3 weeks here and in the USA taking nearly $ 600 000 000 in less than 3 weeks.

Judging by the reaction of the audience with cheers and clapping at the end the vast majority of the audience loved it.

Ignore the critics this was excellent summer action blockbuster fare.

Did you take your crayons and colouring book just in case it was rubbish ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
we have missed two films that we wanted to see at the cinema, Angles and Demons and also Quantum of Solace...have to watch them on DVD! ( especially as we really enjoyed Da Vinci Code)

Next week , going to try and get in to see the Harry potter film, although will probably have to wait a week or so.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Did you take your crayons and colouring book just in case it was rubbish ?

It was a great film. Most of the people there were 20 - 50 year olds. No one under 15 in the cinema at all so AS USUAL your put downs are based on lack of knowledge and rank stupidity frankly. :yawn:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Megan Fox did what she was there for , to be eye candy and to admire her looks , body and breasts. She did an acceptable acting role but eye candy was her role.

You know a film is rubbish when one of the absolute MAIN characters is not there to ACT.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
She did what was required. See it first and the pass judgement. Anyway I LOVED it and frankly don't give a f*** what anyone else thinks.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
She did what was required. See it first and the pass judgement. Anyway I LOVED it and frankly don't give a f*** what anyone else thinks.

It was shit, and frankly I don't give a f*** what anyone else thinks. I am more likely to listen to professional film critics. *

* I don't actually think that as I haven't seen it - but just wanted to play devils advocate and prove that you may not be right about EVERYTHING in the world of film.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I saw the first film. It is DEFINITELY one of the worst and most boring films I have ever seen in my entire life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here