Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa World Player of the Year 2009 - Who gets YOUR vote?

FIFA World Player of the Year 2009 Nominees...

• Michael Ballack (Germany), Chelsea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gianluigi Buffon (Italy), Juventus

• Iker Casillas (Spain), Real Madrid

• Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon), Inter Milan

• Thierry Henry (France), Barcelona

• Luis Fabiano (Brazil), Sevilla

• Carles Puyol (Spain), Barcelona

• Franck Ribery (France), Bayern Munich

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ronaldo is different, he's a class above. Reckon he'll bang in a goal a game at least in Spain.

Half the players in the Spanish primera liga are prolly Championship standard over here.

He WAS a class above in the Prem, we'll see if he is or not in Spain...

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
John Terry? Are they having a laugh? I suppose he is England captain though...

I don't understand this anti-John Terry malarky. Yes he's a bit of a c unt as a bloke but he has been immaculate so far this year for Chelsea and for England. He may not be the quickest, but he is two-footed and his distribution has improved no end. He is obviosuly a very good captain as two Premiership titles and his Engalnd record show.

It's voted for by International coaches and captains so I reckon they know what they are talking about (Ballack aside!)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'm not sure Chappers is fishing, having spoken to him about football for the last 17 years, I can confirm he knows f*** all about it.

I'm sure if someone searched through the threads they could find some fantastic Luke Moore or Anton Ferdinand should be mainstays of the England team posts

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Pah, get em over for a full season of getting booted up in the air and see how good they are then. The Spanish league is far too pussy and allows these 'brilliant' players to express themselves more. Messi and Xavi would struggle to get into the Top 4 sides in the Prem. I'd rather have Carrick than Xavi any day.

try watching La Liga for a few weeks when Barca come up against lower teams Xavi and Messi get kicked all over the place get up and wear the team down with passing and movement.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Yoann Gourcuff should at least be on the list after practically winning Ligue 1 by himself and breaking Lyon's 6 year domination.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Yoann Gourcuff should at least be on the list after practically winning Ligue 1 by himself and breaking Lyon's 6 year domination.

True, the fact that Ballack is on the list and he isn't is pretty stupid.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't understand this anti-John Terry malarky. Yes he's a bit of a c unt as a bloke but he has been immaculate so far this year for Chelsea and for England. He may not be the quickest, but he is two-footed and his distribution has improved no end. He is obviosuly a very good captain as two Premiership titles and his Engalnd record show.

It's voted for by International coaches and captains so I reckon they know what they are talking about (Ballack aside!)

I'm not particularly anti Terry, but just don't think he's as great a centre back as the media believe.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Gourcuff isn't that good, the French 'ligue' is just PISH. He'd only get into a bottom half club in England like Hull or Blackburn.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
I'm jumping on the Xavi bandwagon, he's such an intelligent footballer, always two or three moves ahead of the game.

By far the most intelligent passer of a ball I've seen in my 28-year lifetime, even better than Zidane, Hagi, Rijkaard, Hoddle or Minton.

And he's getting better every year. I will be backing him for Player of The Tournament for the next World Cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here