Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fields of Falmer Road

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It is sung at the maj by the London Irish fans....sound brilliant when everyone belts it out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Historical perspective.

Its not his comment that's boring, its his weird little obsession with me.

Believe you me I have no obsession with you at all, the obsession you have is sadly with yourself

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oh ok.

Still, although it was from someone you have history with, it was a fair point. Someone laid into John Terry for going to Auschwitz, and my response (quite fairly I thought) was like yours. Others responded similarly with more words, but I got an infraction. I literally have no idea what the rules are.

How do you know HKFC didn't get an infraction given they remain private?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I can't bear the Fields of Athenry. It's a complete dirge to me, whether it's Liverpool, Celtic or Ireland fans droning on.

It's a no from me.

Its a song about a bloke being transported for stealing corn to feed his starving family. It *is* a dirge.

Its also significantly newer than a lot of people seem to think, the bloke who wrote it is still alive!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
'cos there's loads of fields around Anfield. Oh, hang on, no there isn't. Just bollocks.

And you don't think it's because of the significant amount of decendants of Irish people in Liverpool. Or in that "just bollocks" too?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here