Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFS Murray

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
"The guy thrives in a team with 2 wide men producing good delivery into the box who also like to play it on the deck & pass,pass,pass! Do we do that? Do we F***! I HATE praising the weed in any shape or form! But thier style of football at least created chances for Murray to put away."

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
I'd have him back, for sure

Having watched all of our central attackers for some time now, albeit in a higher division, Murray has far more skill, poise, ability in the air, ball retention and distribution skills than any of Vokes, CMS or Barnes.

I'd have him back, for sure

We surely HAVE moved on, so unless he's cleaning CMS's and Vincentelot's boots - I can't see what we'd want him around for

Oh - maybe to CHEER UP the dressing room with his quirky Northern HUMOUR :lol:

Come on Glenn, gi's a laugh
820572515.jpg

EagleDave

May 17, 2011
Every week is proving Gus more and more right.

Glenn Murray this season: 36 games, 6 goals. ABYSMAL.

He is not a Championship goalscorer and never will be. I will always appreciate what he did for us last season, but the occasional good touch and one season of goals in the third division by the age of 28 does not equate to a quality player.

Not all of those 36 games have been from the start.

Yes, it appears Glenn's confidence is low at the moment and he desperately needs a goal but once he gets that goal im sure he will be back firing all cylinders. On his day and on form he is still a striker i would rather have in my team than against it.

What's Mackail-Smith's stats like for the season? Only a few goals better isnt it and you paid over £3 million for that!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Not all of those 36 games have been from the start.

Yes, it appears Glenn's confidence is low at the moment and he desperately needs a goal but once he gets that goal im sure he will be back firing all cylinders. On his day and on form he is still a striker i would rather have in my team than against it.

What's Mackail-Smith's stats like for the season? Only a few goals better isn't it and you paid over £3 million for that!

To be fair we have got so much more than goals from CMS. He can be like a one man battering ram at the defence, and never stops running. CMS suffers in the same way Murray does in the goal scoring stakes though, both usually have to play up front on their own and so their game is more about trying to hold it up and bring others into the attack, which then impacts their goal tally. I do think Gus anticpated a few more goals from him though.

When Murray isn't scoring, he looks to the fans as if he is a lazy player that doesn't deserve to be on the pitch, whereas CMS is a workhorse and always puts in 100% effort.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
In October last year, there seemed to be huge clamour on here that we should never have let him go. Shows what we all know

At the time, we were struggling for goals and we were lacking a decent targetman up front for CMS to play off. So any clamour was justified and despite what the common opinion is, I think if Murray had still been here to partner CMS, this season would have been even better than it has been.

But it's all ifs and buts. The facts are, we are 4th. :albion:

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
We surely HAVE moved on, so unless he's cleaning CMS's and Vincentelot's boots - I can't see what we'd want him around for

How about holding the ball up more and better distribution, winning more aerial battles than CMS and Vokes could ever dream of, and winning more free kicks in good areas than pretty much any striker I've seen in years? A miserable twat yes, no argument there, but Murray was/is a class act, he would be banging them in with the service he would be getting from our midfield right now. Palace aren't the team for him, they are struggling to find the net and Murray doesn't get the service he's used to.

CMS's work rate is worth three Murrays, but industry doesn't trump ability, and the laconic Murray has the latter in spades. I'm not a CMS basher BTW, on his day he's devastating and I'm glad we signed him. I'd like to see them together up front, it would be similar to Fat Ricky and Sharp over at the scummers.

If the Nigels were to let Murray go, I'd like to see us get him back, but keep him away from taking penalties.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
How about holding the ball up more and better distribution, winning more aerial battles than CMS and Vokes could ever dream of, and winning more free kicks in good areas than pretty much any striker I've seen in years? A miserable twat yes, no argument there, but Murray was/is a class act, he would be banging them in with the service he would be getting from our midfield right now. Palace aren't the team for him, they are struggling to find the net and Murray doesn't get the service he's used to.

CMS's work rate is worth three Murrays, but industry doesn't trump ability, and the laconic Murray has the latter in spades. I'm not a CMS basher BTW, on his day he's devastating and I'm glad we signed him. I'd like to see them together up front, it would be similar to Fat Ricky and Sharp over at the scummers.

If the Nigels were to let Murray go, I'd like to see us get him back, but keep him away from taking penalties.

Plus the value he adds at defending set pieces aswell. How many corners were pumped into the box last season only for Murray to stick his head on them and clear?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Quite right.

It baffles me that people think that Gus DOESN'T know what he's doing.

but he DOESNT know what he is doing :thumbsup: that is what we have got to keep telling Spurs and Chelsea :moo:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

This

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'd only take him back if we get him on a free - would hate to pay the Nigels even 1 penny for him.

However, if QPR go down , it's on record that there will be fire sale, and there's a certain striker there who I'd prefer.

FFS will be shipped out to Millwall or Charlton in the summer I reckon.

If he's got "ability in spades", he ain't using it to score goals for palace that's for sure.
And after telling me that he's such a great defender and gets to so many balls - how come he 'needs the right delivery' all the time in attack?
Does a quality attacker have so much on a plate so he can notch the goals??
FFS, Murray really isn't all that - he's been found out in this league, and we already replaced him with better.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
f*** you Murray. You could have signed for ANYONE and you went to Palace. f*** you and up the Albion. Glad to hear he's an abject failure.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Errrr, how many families in this country can rely on around 100k a year to support them? Shoddy excuse.
He's only on that kind of money for a few years on of his career. I'd have taken the extra and I'm sure most others would have too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Do the Nigels have enough dosh to pay off the remainder of his contract ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here