Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ferrets tips - what a piss take

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Actually I agree ... I use the decimalisation all the time myself in my own punting - it makes mental calculations a lot quicker(!) However, the traditional way of displaying odds is still being perpetuated by the bookies - particularly in the shops and also in the media (which I have to base my writing standards to). Also most punters still seem to prefer the odds written that way!

I think it is gradually changing to decimalisation, and the "new" odds are helping to drive that .... for example you never used to get 9/5, 11/5, 12/5 in the past ... and you rarely see 85/40 or 8/15 any more .... plus the fact that most online sites do offer fractions or decimals will help expedite things (default is still fractions though).

One of the layers at Plumpton last year had the horse I wanted to back at 15/4, I had to use the calculator on my phone to work out it was better than the 7/2 generally available before lumping on. I prefer fractions but only the more traditional ones.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
As i tried to explain in the 'Unmissable bet' thread earlier, Vicente to score first at 16/1 with Betfred is a decent bet even if it doesn't win!
In my opinion, VERY overpriced.:)

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
As i tried to explain in the 'Unmissable bet' thread earlier, Vicente to score first at 16/1 with Betfred is a decent bet even if it doesn't win!
In my opinion, VERY overpriced.:)

Correct. Betfred/Tote were not offering a price on the player when I looked at the comparison website I use... best I saw was 12/1 with VC, which is only marginally overpriced (I would put him on 10/1 myself). Replace Noone in my previous comments with Vicente - 16/1 with Betfred or the Tote.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Correct. Betfred/Tote were not offering a price on the player when I looked at the comparison website I use... best I saw was 12/1 with VC, which is only marginally overpriced (I would put him on 10/1 myself). Replace Noone in my previous comments with Vicente - 16/1 with Betfred or the Tote.
On odds checker he was twice on the 1st goalscorer section, some bookies had V.Vicente some had Vicente Rodriguez. Some bookies offered shorter prices for Bergkamp, and also still included Tanno! It is nice when bookies don't do their homework.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
each week i look and think "he is off his rocker" and it comes in alot!! fair play......must have a crystal ball or some other crazy sorcery.

the tipsters @ sportinglife.com are rubbish.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
... but one more clarification that the OP might have missed ... "insurance" means laying enough on that bet to cover your stakes on the main bet. i.e. if you place £45 on the win ... then place £10 on the insurance at 9/2 .... then hopefully the insurance will cover your losses should the main bet not oblige

I don't always recommend insurance wagers ... think this is possibly only the second, maybe the third time this season ... but I can see the game going one of two ways tomorrow.

Hope you took the "insurance" and thereby covered your losses on the outright and CMS plays in the Brighton match, thus allowing you to enjoy the profits from the other selections - should have been 3 from 3 .. Cardiff took the lead ... but C'est la vie. Small profit on the weekend overall .. which is nice ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here