Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fernando Torres to Chelsea - TBC Tomorrow

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
What another sad transfer if true. Someone that would seem to have a loyalty and a great relationship with the fans moving to a club just to line his own pocket. Chelsea is just such a soul less club surely he will not move from Liverpool will he? He seemed to be one of the few that valued the feeling of being part of something bigger then just winning trophies.......a sad day when Torres disrespects the supporters like this..............don't even get me started on Bennett.....Norwich for fecks sake...what a joke !!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is a three year buffer on the European situation... and I don't see a club with finances that Chelsea have as some kind of desperate measure for a 26 year old that is still regarded as one of the best strikers in the world.

Except when crocked on a very frequent basis.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why are Chelsea a 'soulless club'? Because they have bought well and had success for 10 years? All teams buy, Tottscum buy more than most in recent years, won nothing... Man Ure have constantly broken the transfer record since the 60's ... Liverpool built their success on the back of big signings and Jocks, the only club that comes close to being a big but 'non soulless' club are Arsenal and I can't stand them either... where is this 'soulless' based?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well, I was hoping there would be a definition from the poster, but I guess it was based on soulless assumptions?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone else noticed that Torres hasnt put in a World Class performance in about 2 years?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Anyone else noticed that Torres hasnt put in a World Class performance in about 2 years?

And at the same time has been injury prone as already pointed out. Look we'd pay a mill + for KLL would we not? Even though he spends a chunk of time on the physio bed. Look at Hargreaves (Man U), Dwyer (WHU), King (Spurs) to name but three of the current crop at a higher level... totally injury prone but still were/are still able to command good transfer fees and/or wages. It's the way of the world. Torres on form is an awesome prospect for any club to have or play against and he is still only 26. And sometimes, just sometimes, a more successful team with more opportunity of winning medals can make a player miraculously recover. He isn't worth writing off if he goes to a soulless winning club.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
You can't really blame him to be fair. Put yourself in his position, London or Liverpool, Champions league or Intertoto cup. Torres now and then go back for Gerrard in the summer. I really can see Liverpool going back to the days of Veggard Heggem and Titi Camara.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
:yawn:Quite a few bores on NSC.

Welcome to their club :thumbsup:

Anyone else noticed that Torres hasnt put in a World Class performance in about 2 years? .................Yes

And HH Brighton........since when has any football player shown loyalty? you have to go back to when all football players played cos they luvved the game, today they play cos they luv their bank balance!!

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Welcome to their club :thumbsup:

Anyone else noticed that Torres hasnt put in a World Class performance in about 2 years? .................Yes

And HH Brighton........since when has any football player shown loyalty? you have to go back to when all football players played cos they luvved the game, today they play cos they luv their bank balance!!

Giggs, Scholes, Gerrard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here