Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fernando Torres to Chelsea - TBC Tomorrow

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Scouse Friend just text me - (who has very high sources at Liverpool - and I mean high)
Saying Kenny rang Gerrard this evening to tell him Torres is going, deal is in excess of £40 Million
Liverpool Echo all over the story tomorrow.
Text from same person who told me the Terry story 2 days before it all broke.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Tis right - A senior journo from The Times (who is a big Liverpool fan) was on Talksport this evening with Ian Danta and said this would be a done deal by Monday.

1 in, and one out..

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To be honest I think Torres is very injury prone and it smacks of very desperate measures by Chelsea if true, also puts them totally at odds with the impending UEFA rules on financing the club.

Good deal for Liverpool though.

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
If you are replacing Fernando Torres then yes, yes it is.

I see what your saying. But as someone has pointed out, Torres is injury prone and from recent reports seems to want to see what someone else can offer him. Suarez has said he wants to join Liverpool and be part of the team. It's either an injury-prone unsettled striker, or an interested but slightly worse striker.

And 40m for a striker that was brought for around 20m is very good business for 'Pool.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
BOLLOCKS

NO WAY LIVERPOOL WILL SELL TORRES TO CHELSEA.

(UNLESS THEY WANT ELLIOTT BENNETT TO REPLACE HIM)

Why would they sell their best player to a team who are already above them in the league.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dan Roan has just tweeted...

"Torres has this evening submitted a transfer request which has been rejected"

...sounds a bit familiar.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I see what your saying. But as someone has pointed out, Torres is injury prone and from recent reports seems to want to see what someone else can offer him. Suarez has said he wants to join Liverpool and be part of the team. It's either an injury-prone unsettled striker, or an interested but slightly worse striker.

And 40m for a striker that was brought for around 20m is very good business for 'Pool.

Possibly but its rather unfair to say he's injury prone I think, He's had a dodgy few seasons to be fair but would say that was slightly harsh. Put it this way, I'd rather have Torres spearheading my attack than Suarez +17m. (Although I do rate the lad to be fair but he is only proven in holland really)

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
To be honest I think Torres is very injury prone and it smacks of very desperate measures by Chelsea if true, also puts them totally at odds with the impending UEFA rules on financing the club.

Spot on for me there, Beachy. :thumbsup:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Possibly but its rather unfair to say he's injury prone I think, He's had a dodgy few seasons to be fair but would say that was slightly harsh. Put it this way, I'd rather have Torres spearheading my attack than Suarez +17m. (Although I do rate the lad to be fair but he is only proven in holland really)
Apps Gls
2007–Present Ajax 108 (81)

Maybe just in Holland but Van Nistelrooy didn't do too bad after being only proven in Holland, neither did Ronaldo, Romario or Ibrahimovic.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Would you be pissed off with those 'desperate measures' at the Falmer?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There is a three year buffer on the European situation... and I don't see a club with finances that Chelsea have as some kind of desperate measure for a 26 year old that is still regarded as one of the best strikers in the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here