Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fergie Jr

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
May have been rushing off to the airport to meet partner for evening flight. I once went to a Brighton home game at Withdean and son took wife and the cases to Gatwick and I went straight there by train to meet her, so if I can do it I am sure he could.

I think that's stretching to accept his excuse. If his scheduled allowed him to be pitchside for the match that could have easily over run, he could stay ten minutes to complete his post match duties. Someone would have advised him of how unlikely it was that he'd be able to get away quickly after the match.

Going to watch a match is a different experience to going to manage a team playing in a match. If the match isn't over in time for you to get the train, you can leave early. The effect of being distracted by the clock because he had to get away would undermine his ability to do his job, and it wouldn't be acceptable.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Not a great fan of DF, but he seems to know how to deal with PUFC. You cannot disagree that he got them promoted on no money even though they went down next season. He found his level at PNE, while posh went through 3 managers. He comes back and with the same bunch of losers manages to get them up the table, into the play-offs and promoted.
Some managers just fit their club, Gradi at Crewe, evans at crawley(They really deserve each other)KD at LFC(No more comments please) and he works there.
he really bigged the game up here in the local press as he always does, and probably felt he looked a big enough plonker without confirming it on TV.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here