Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ferdinand says that Terry was 'blatantly racist'

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Is he guilty then? Link??

John Terry Misunderstood!!!! Again

In the court of public opinion it seems he is guilty and he has admitted that he used racist language (see link). However the point I am making is that the FA will fudge taking decisive action over the incident at the same time running a high profile campaign try to stop this sort of behaviour at football. How can you expect to educate the idiots who indulge their petty prejudices at football when the England captain admits to using such language? Seems farcical to me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody else get the feeling that Ferdinand is playing his cards very close to his chest so that money can change hands in return for things being smoothed over?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Anybody else get the feeling that Ferdinand is playing his cards very close to his chest so that money can change hands in return for things being smoothed over?

More likely that his evidence is so damning that Terry will be hung out to dry afterwards!

I would be very sad if a black man were to allow a racist incident, if one is proven, to be just brushed under the carpet and forgotten about. That would effectively render the efforts by the FA, to drive it out of the game, completely worthless.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
More likely that his evidence is so damning that Terry will be hung out to dry afterwards!

I would be very sad if a black man were to allow a racist incident, if one is proven, to be just brushed under the carpet and forgotten about. That would effectively render the efforts by the FA, to drive it out of the game, completely worthless.

So you wouldnt be sad if the reverse were to happen ? If not why specify your sadness if a black man were to allow an incident to be brushed under the carpet ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Er, no.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
John Terry Misunderstood!!!! Again

In the court of public opinion it seems he is guilty and he has admitted that he used racist language (see link). However the point I am making is that the FA will fudge taking decisive action over the incident at the same time running a high profile campaign try to stop this sort of behaviour at football. How can you expect to educate the idiots who indulge their petty prejudices at football when the England captain admits to using such language? Seems farcical to me.

Oh f***... and if the FA 'fudge' it... that'll be JT's fault too! Suarez v Evra, Van Persie Hitler salute... why do these not warrant threads for everyone to salivate over?

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
So you wouldnt be sad if the reverse were to happen ? If not why specify your sadness if a black man were to allow an incident to be brushed under the carpet ?

That is what I said, about a black man allowing the incident to be brushed under the carpet, as the person who appears to have been on the end of the abuse is black. If the abused player had been white then that is the word I would have used, and I do acknowledge that the worst instances of racism and bigotry can be white on white.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Oh f***... and if the FA 'fudge' it... that'll be JT's fault too! Suarez v Evra, Van Persie Hitler salute... why do these not warrant threads for everyone to salivate over?

Van Persie's wasn't even a Nazi salute. He touched his left shoulder with his right hand and his salute had a diagonal trajectory.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Just mentioned on R5 that this matter is now subject of an investigation by the Met Police.

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
Met Police? Should be interesting to see the outcome of that...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just mentioned on R5 that this matter is now subject of an investigation by the Met Police.

i hope so, because the story i read earlier was that they werent taking any action as no complaint had been made. would be a bit odd to be complaining about an incident you didnt hear and not complaining about you did.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
That is what I said, about a black man allowing the incident to be brushed under the carpet, as the person who appears to have been on the end of the abuse is black. If the abused player had been white then that is the word I would have used, and I do acknowledge that the worst instances of racism and bigotry can be white on white.
Why specify colour? racism is racism is it not ?

Did you mean black on white , by the way ?

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
'Its a complaint from a member of the public' was the quote from BBC news of what the Met Police are acting on. Also Chelsea fans decided to chant about Anton during the game however it didn't specify what the chants actually where.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Why specify colour? racism is racism is it not ?

Did you mean black on white , by the way ?

Racism is indeed racism regardless of the ethnicity of the person delivering it and that on the receiving end.

No, I meant white on white, the worst instances I have witnessed of racism and bigotry have been between white people.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
'Its a complaint from a member of the public' was the quote from BBC news of what the Met Police are acting on. Also Chelsea fans decided to chant about Anton during the game however it didn't specify what the chants actually where.

The chant was, supposedly, "You know what you are, you know what you are, Anton Ferdinand, you know what you are." So no actual 'vile' language used, but pretty clear what they meant in the context of this story.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, I meant white on white, the worst instances I have witnessed of racism and bigotry have been between white people.

Bigotry fair enough. But out of interest what white-on-white racism have you witnessed?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Be interesting to see if Terry gets picked for the Spanish game. What's the chances of a minor injury between now and then?

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells

Bushy,

as a Chelsea fan, what are your thoughts on the matter? Also, what the hell were those chants about last night? Have Chelsea fans gone mad?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here