Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ferdi Kadioglu **Singed 27/08/24**

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Personally don't think it’s fair to judge a player until they have played 5-10 games. New league, new team, new system, nerves all need to settle before they can start to show their potential worth …

It's mad that you're making this comment. He's barely played 1/4 of a game for us yet.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Won’t go down as the greatest debut in the shirt, but we need to get the first few appearances out of the way, let him settle into the team and our way of playing.

He’ll be fine, he just needs time to acclimatise and a few more appearances to settle in properly. I look forward to seeing more from him as fitness and confidence improve.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Personally don't think it’s fair to judge a player until they have played 5-10 games. New league, new team, new system, nerves all need to settle before they can start to show their potential worth …
I'd say most signings in the PL need 12-18 months before you can really tell how they'll end up.

Sometimes there's exceptions where you can immediately see it will work out nicely, but that is rare.
Overall people are a bit too quick to judge ("Ferguson looked shit in his 8 minutes against England! SELL HIM!!!") but there's plenty of cases of the opposite as well. Take Moder who has done nothing and still have a bunch of people believing he could turn into Kevin De Bruyne or something.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
Don't be ridiculous - this NSC and all the experts on here believe you can accurately judge a player after 5 minutes.😁

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
FWIW according to Fotmob, in his 23 minutes on the pitch, Kadioglu created two chances and made two interceptions plus two passes into the final third. For reference, Veltman - who I appreciate is a much more defensive fullback - also made two interceptions, did not create any chances, and made 10 passes into the final third (over the course of the full 90).

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Think our support is very good at giving players time.

Good players often start bad and come good
Bad players normally start bad and stay bad ( there are a few exceptions to this )

Part of the fun of football is spotting these things early. There are a lot on here who even when a player has proven to be not up to it - Alzate .... they still think could do a job.

Don't take it too seriously

Ferdi will be fine btw

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Think of how much Baleba has developed over the past 12 months.
Weiffer looked shaky on his debut and Ferdi’s mis-control could have lost us the game. That’s why it’s important to phase players in over time, which is what Fabian seems to be doing apart from Minteh who actually may benefit from a couple of games coming off the bench.
The one thing that Minteh does give us though is great work rate for a winger.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
FWIW according to Fotmob, in his 23 minutes on the pitch, Kadioglu created two chances and made two interceptions plus two passes into the final third. For reference, Veltman - who I appreciate is a much more defensive fullback - also made two interceptions, did not create any chances, and made 10 passes into the final third (over the course of 93 minutes).
I actually thought he looked pretty good, albeit with a couple of shakier moments. Overall, a solid debut with room for improvement, which is what I'd expect for him (and any other new player coming in).

What did stand out is just how right footed he is for a left back. Amazingly so, in fact.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I actually thought he looked pretty good, albeit with a couple of shakier moments. Overall, a solid debut with room for improvement, which is what I'd expect for him (and any other new player coming in).

What did stand out is just how right footed he is for a left back. Amazingly so, in fact.
Indeed. Not sure he handled the ball with his left foot one single time.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
FWIW according to Fotmob, in his 23 minutes on the pitch, Kadioglu created two chances and made two interceptions plus two passes into the final third. For reference, Veltman - who I appreciate is a much more defensive fullback - also made two interceptions, did not create any chances, and made 10 passes into the final third (over the course of the full 90).
Does whatever Fotmob is, record or factor anything negative, or only the positive impacts a player makes? He did make two good tackles and at least one really good key forward pass, but it seems a strange assessment, to NOT mention a big mistake that offered up the opposition's biggest chance of the match.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Does whatever Fotmob is, record or factor anything negative, or only the positive impacts a player makes? He did make two good tackles and at least one really good key forward pass, but it seems a strange assessment, to NOT mention a big mistake that offered up the opposition's biggest chance of the match.
Personally, I wasn’t offering a complete assessment of his performance, just highlighting a few positives.

To answer your question, Fotmob also shows he had 79% pass accuracy (Veltman 90%) and 50% long ball accuracy (Veltman 75%), and that he lost his only ground duel (whereas Veltman won eight out of 15).

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

Ipswich’s biggest chance was when Delap hit the post, that happened before Ferdi came on the pitch. His miscontrol led to Ipswich countering but Ferdi tracking back and pushing Hutchinson out wide so he could only have a fairly tame shot straight at Bart.

Obviously it would have been better for him not to miscontrol the ball but I think he deserves a bit of credit for running back with Hutchinson and preventing him from getting into a better position for a shot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here