Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ferdi Kadioglu **Singed 27/08/24**

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I don’t feel any desire whatsoever to 'wonder what to expect and what to measure success/failure against".

Oh come on! For heaven’s sake Eric, we’re not at work now, fearful about our annual targets blah blah. We’re football fans. We love watching our team play. If they continue to give us joy, that’s really wonderful. On the off-chance that Albion win something or achieve a European place, WA-HEY!! Life is sweet.

I’m sure that senior management at the club have their own team targets, tied in with their financial planning. But as fans, let’s not complicate the glorious pleasure of going to the match and supporting the team and the players, with stressful stuff about how to measure success and failure.
I understand. I get it. We are all different. I'm 65, retired, and more excited about this season than any other season in my lifetime. The reason is we are reaching for the very best team we can possibly assemble. Sending Barco out on loan, and getting Ferdi in instead? That's insane. But the reason is the small margins revealed by data. Remember that it's another fan, Tony Bloom who is doing this.

Senior management will of course have their own internal performance targets. The may have stretch targets. They may track actual performance against forecast performance, on any number of criteria and venn diagrams. Why wouldn't they? They are aiming high.

I'm sorry that you think I'm complicating the pleasure for you. I'm just enjoying the whole experience.

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Heading for the Belgian coast....:ROFLMAO:
You were nearly there, but not quite. ;)
1724447134013.png

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I hope they pull the blinds down when the aircraft descends over Gillingham and the Medway Towns: we don't want him to look out the window and change his mind.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hope they pull the blinds down when the aircraft descends over Gillingham and the Medway Towns: we don't want him to look out the window and change his mind.
Oy. Watch it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Let’s hope the weather in the morning doesn’t put him off! Still, at least we don’t have to take potential signings to the seafront any more to avoid them seeing the ground. How things have changed.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Very strange. A flight without a flight number just took off from Biggin Hill and is now heading east towards Kent coast. No info available.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Very strange. A flight without a flight number just took off from Biggin Hill and is now heading east towards Kent coast. No info available.
There are plenty of reasons that can happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here